Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 10:07am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mineral Wells rail-to-trail, Sunday 4/13 (Read 804 times)
richardr

rbent member

Mineral Wells rail-to-trail, Sunday 4/13
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:15pm

My wife and I will be riding trikes with irodguy and possibly his wife on the Mineral Wells rail-to-trail Sunday afternoon.  We will be meeting at the Golden Coral buffet in Weatherford at 11:30 for a lunch and then head to the Weatherford end trailhead in Cartwright Park.  I expect we will start the ride between 12:45 and 1.  We will be shooting for a 20 to 24 mile ride (10-12 out and then back).  I expect our average speed will be 7.5 to 8 mph.

The trail is hard packed fine gravel and on our last ride a couple of months ago, it was in very good condition.  It is mostly gentle up and down (1 to 2% grade).  It starts with a long slow climb, but that makes a nice fast down-hill finish.  Both times we rode the trail, we saw very few other bikers and have only seen one pair of horse riders.

If you are interested in joining us, you can either meet us at Golden Coral or the trail head.  Please give me a call for directions and so we know to look for you.  (I normally do not check the rbent forum on weekends.)  My cell number is 469-995-4888.

Richard

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Mineral Wells rail-to-trail, Sunday 4/13
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2008, 9:40pm

Sounds like fun, Richard, thanks for posting it!!!  Maybe some of our West Side brethren and sisteren will be able to join in....

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
irodguy

rbent member

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2008, 1:29pm

We are all coming from Plano and Garland, so no reason that anybody cannot make the trip  Grin  Incidentally if somebody wants to come with a bike let me know.  I can always through my rack on the car.   I will be riding my trike.  I will be leaving Plano around 9:30ish.  

Rod

2008 Rans V-Rex
2009 Rans X-stream
2008 Bacchetta Strada
2008 Catrike Expedition Neon Lime Green
Email   IP Logged
bent_eagle

Recumbents Rock!

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2008, 10:43pm

Unfortunately, I'm stuck out of town until Sunday evening.  I plan to get my QNT put together finally on Sunday night or Monday, so please post again if you all plan another trike ride.

Steve W
Bacchetta Ti Aero
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2008, 10:03pm

I don't see a report on this ride. How did it go? Is the trail in good shape right now?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
irodguy

rbent member

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2008, 9:53am

The trail was in good shape, there were just a couple of loose gravel sections nothing bad.   It was a fun ride.  The gravel experience is quite a bit different than the smooth trails I am used to.  

I would say that 20 miles on this trail was equivalent to 50+ miles that I rode on the Longleaf trace in November.  I will let you know if I still think that here in a couple of weeks after riding the Longleaf again.

2008 Rans V-Rex
2009 Rans X-stream
2008 Bacchetta Strada
2008 Catrike Expedition Neon Lime Green
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print