Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Jun 26th, 2024, 1:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's a blustery day, Piglet.... (Read 347 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

It's a blustery day, Piglet....
Mar 19th, 2008, 6:36pm

So yesterday I was gung-hoto ride, and today I had a case of  the blahs and dragged my feet right to the very end, but I still made it out the door.   I had intended to do 60 miles or wso again - nic easy pace, stopping at Chipotle (pronounced Chi-Poodle of course) for  aburrito te size of my head.

I just didn't have a whole lot in me to begin with, and I was carrying pretty close to 10 extra pounds in locks for the bacchetta.  Then I felt the wind gusting and knew it was going to be a long ride.   It was interesting.  Into the wind I achieved 8-10,. 14-16 with a sidewind, 16-18 with the wind blocked, and 23-24 with a tailwind.   I had headwinds or sidewinds most of the trip, though.  

At one point, I thought the front wheel actualy skidded left an inch when a strong gust hit.  It was pretty wicked.

Still, in spite of the soreness and blahness, I managed 41.75.   Not bad.  Saw a man in a full 3 piece suit carrying a bible.  Dunno what he was on about.  Also as I rode by hoffbrau steakhouse it smelled so good, and then I saw the cloud of smoke and everyone standing outside - I guess the kitchen caught fire - still smelled yummy though!

OH!  And I saw a teenager out with his friends cruising on a CLWB bent.  Dunno what it was, but he gave me  a"nice bike" as I went by.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: It's a blustery day, Piglet....
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2008, 8:00pm

Sounds like a good recovery ride for you. That bike shift in the wind happened to me on my last downhill to the house this morning also. Sort of weird feeling, I think if I had short wings, I might have had temporary lift off. Smiley I figure I the wind was hitting me from the side at 25+ and I was clocking 30mph praying as usual for no flats at that pace Smiley  

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print