Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:48am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
6,000 Miles (Read 1071 times)
Bud_Bent

6,000 Miles
Dec 5th, 2007, 6:57pm

This evening's 25 miles on the Joe Pool dam gave me 6,011.4 miles for the year. It's the first year I have ridden 6,000 miles. To those who keep track of such things, how is this year's mileage turning out for you?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Re: 6,000 Miles
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2007, 7:30pm

Made my goal of 8000 miles this week, all bonus mileage now.  10000 next year?  Might have done it this year if I hadn't slacked off so much in January and Febuary.  I'm also going to try to do much better with the commuting next year.  Only about 50% this year.  I'm trying for 100% this month, and if I can go 80-90% for next year I'll be happy I think.  

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2007, 7:30pm

Whew!  I'll have somewhere around 3300, which is about a thousand more than last year.  I'm trying to icrease 20 percent a year or so.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2007, 7:40pm

For a while there, I thought I was going to catch you, darnit...  but I'll probably wind up at about 5600, roughly 1000 less than last year...  which is about on plan, actually!!!

Congrats on the 6K!!!   HOWEVER -- keep pushing, and you can still hit....  10,000 Kilometers!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2007, 9:44pm

MY HERO!!!!   kiss    Think i will marrie him sumday   Wink

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2007, 11:01pm

According to Bikejournal I did 2864 miles, about 2200 short of what I was hoping, and way short of my all time best of 9500 miles in 1989.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2007, 1:48am

My goal for the year was 10k, and I felt very confident about making it back in January, but repeated bike problems (I have never had so much trouble with a bike in one year), some financial woes, and some weird illnesses have kept me from riding as much as I wanted (I had been planning on making the lunch ride to Sherman a once a week ride, ferinstance). My year to date total is just over 1500 miles. (Dang it!)

Opus

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2007, 1:49am by Opus the Poet »  

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #7 - Dec 6th, 2007, 6:10am

Who keeps stats, not me...  I have computers, GPS, and other techno widgets... but no time to track such trivial stuff    

I have accumulated in excess of 5,000k of just LSR miles.  RUSA has very nice mileage medals.  Not bad considering I've had to surgeries this year.  I have no idea of total mileage, though I'll write down my starting mileage on 1-1-08.    

For those interested, you can logon to RUSA (www.rusa.org), and click on "results".  Then type in your friend's last and/or first name, and see their accomplishments.  For example, Bud shows 1,021 LSR/RUSA miles.  He is eligible for a 1000k medal

Oops... I digress... Instead of increasing mileage goals for 2008, my goal is to reduce....  

wait, it's coming......
body weight, that is    Grin

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #8 - Dec 6th, 2007, 10:25am

I had hoped to ride about 2500 miles this year. Since I don't like to ride on publick (Ron White) streets, it means I have to hit my local ride spot every day to accumulate any mileage. Weekend paid rides are just extra. Campion trail was flooded much of the year or under construction. I tried street riding in the area but almost got nailed twice by considerate drivers pulling right into my path. Cursing and fist waving somehow take the fun out of it. Last year I rode 1100 miles in six months. Only a bit over 1000 so far this year in twelve. I am already looking forward to next year. My goal is to ride every day the weather allows and some longer distances on the weekends. That should give me about 4,000 miles. I want to take a road trip to HHH and to Big Bend area in 2008. Maybe one of the gulf coast rides too.

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #9 - Dec 7th, 2007, 6:30pm

3,575(for 6 months-April when we got the Strada's until Oct.20th). I think I would have easily ridden 5,000+ miles in 8 months had it not been for my lousy knee. There's always next year.  

Richard, an RBENT Big Bend trip would be very fun.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print