Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 8:34am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New acquisition (Read 1069 times)
robert.j

rbent member

New acquisition
Dec 6th, 2007, 8:53pm

I ordered a used EZ1 from Angeltech in Colorado a couple of days ago and it arrived today.  My wife had expressed some interest starting biking and I thought this would be a good starter bike.  I didn't have any trouble putting it together, but when I was finished I noticed the rear derailleur was jammed into the spokes, the der hanger obviously bent during shipment.  I removed the der and straightened the hanger, and it looks OK, but the der refuses to easily screw back in.  Rather than try to force it and possibly cross thread it, I'm taking it to Bicycles Inc in Keller tomorrow or Saturday and let them do it.  So, may be a few days before I have pictures of the maiden voyage.
If I could figure out how to embed an image in the email I'd do that, but since I can't just imagine a picture of a blue EZ1 Super Cruiser in this space!  Or see attachment.

EZ_004.jpg

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: New acquisition
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007, 9:42pm

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas........

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
bent_eagle

Recumbents Rock!

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007, 10:25pm

Good find, Robert.  Glad you found something for her.  

Want to do a husbands and wives ride around Keller and Southlake sometime?  My wife and I ride often through North Keller, into Roanoke and Trophy Club.

Steve W
Bacchetta Ti Aero
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2007, 1:36pm

Sorry it arrived bunged up...   The EZ1 is a very easy bike to start on, although the steering is a bit twitchy with that 16" front wheel.  Make sure she is resting her hands on top of the grips (light touch) instead of deathgripping...   I got a lot of good miles out of mine the first year, and even did a couple of Century rides on it!  Terrie and stepson Brian still ride it...

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2007, 1:40pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2007, 5:35pm

Quote from bent_eagle on Dec 6th, 2007, 10:25pm:
Good find, Robert.  Glad you found something for her.  

Want to do a husbands and wives ride around Keller and Southlake sometime?  My wife and I ride often through North Keller, into Roanoke and Trophy Club.

Definitely as soon as she gets comfortable with it.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2007, 5:53pm

I ride with a couple that live in Roanoke and we've seen you on the ActionBent several times.  They are usually on a EZ tandem and I may be on my EZ-1 or the V-Rex.  We may have to have a ride out that direction sometime.  The EZ is extremely easy to get used to.  Just don't put clipless pedals on it at first.  That's the only time I've fallen on my EZ--couldn't get unclipped.

Congratulations and look forward to seeing you on the road.

IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2007, 6:04pm

Quote from diannalightning on Dec 7th, 2007, 5:53pm:
I ride with a couple that live in Roanoke and we've seen you on the ActionBent several times.  They are usually on a EZ tandem and I may be on my EZ-1 or the V-Rex.  We may have to have a ride out that direction sometime.  The EZ is extremely easy to get used to.  Just don't put clipless pedals on it at first.  That's the only time I've fallen on my EZ--couldn't get unclipped.

Congratulations and look forward to seeing you on the road.

Seems like I remember catching up to what must have been you guys like a year ago or so, just coming in to Trophy Club.  The Actionbent is history - I gave it to my brother in law - so now I'm on a Bacchetta Corsa.  There's actually more people up that way with bents than I'd thought, so maybe we can get everyone together sometime soon.  Would be fun!  It will take my wife a while to get up to speed, btu I'm hoping she'll like riding as much as I do.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
bent_eagle

Recumbents Rock!

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2007, 7:51pm

[quote author=robert.j link=1196996012/0#6 date=1197072246]Quote from diannalightning on Dec 7th, 2007, 5:53pm:
There's actually more people up that way with bents than I'd thought, so maybe we can get everyone together sometime soon.  Would be fun!  It will take my wife a while to get up to speed, btu I'm hoping she'll like riding as much as I do.

Sounds great!  I also know of a guy in Keller who has a Bacchetta Giro 20 and a Wizwheelz trike.  I'm sure he would like a Roanoke bentride.

Steve W
Bacchetta Ti Aero
  IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2007, 12:00am

Happy to report that the bike shop got the hanger fixed and derailleur reinstalled.  If the weather gives us a break tomorrow I'll see if I can get Laura out for her first bent experience!

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print