Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 4:48pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weight Watchers (Read 2216 times)
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Weight Watchers
Nov 7th, 2007, 9:29pm

I did it!!  Joined Weight Watchers on Oct 24,2007..and since then I have lost 7pds.  I got more to go for sure.  Getting on my bike should be alotta help to help me reach my goal.   Shocked

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Weight Watchers
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2007, 10:03pm

Careful about losing too much - I've been meaning to add to my harem!  Nice work young lady!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2007, 11:30pm

Rose,congratulations! Good for you. You'll be in a bikini in no time(look out Bud)!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2007, 8:48am

Way to go Rose!  Smiley

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2007, 4:42pm

Rose, since your schedule is a little tighter than mine, let us know when you want to ride and possibly we can get some of the other ladies to get together for a Sunday afternoon ride.  The guys would be welcome as long as they're not speed demons.  I"ve been wondering how Linda is doing on the Lightning anyway.

Dianna

IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2007, 6:26pm

Way to go, and keep it up!  My best diet is go low-fat and ride 100-120 miles/week.  After losing about 20 pounds the last 2 years, I knocked off another 10 the past 3 months.  Sure makes climbing hills easier.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2007, 7:09pm

Quote from diannalightning on Nov 8th, 2007, 4:42pm:
Rose, since your schedule is a little tighter than mine, let us know when you want to ride and possibly we can get some of the other ladies to get together for a Sunday afternoon ride. The guys would be welcome as long as they're not speed demons. I"ve been wondering how Linda is doing on the Lightning anyway.

Dianna

Rose and I are planning on riding the FWBA / Bicycles Inc ride this Sunday, at 1:00 pm. Rose is planning on doing the 38 mile route. I may stay with her, or go for the longer route, depending on the group. Bicycles Inc provides sag, drinks, and snacks, so if the route is as improved as advertised, this may become a good regular ride.

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2007, 7:10pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2007, 8:45pm

Thank you everyone...and about that Bikini....dont know about that one!!   Smiley

Rose

IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #8 - Nov 8th, 2007, 8:51pm

Quote from diannalightning on Nov 8th, 2007, 4:42pm:
Rose, since your schedule is a little tighter than mine, let us know when you want to ride and possibly we can get some of the other ladies to get together for a Sunday afternoon ride. The guys would be welcome as long as they're not speed demons. I"ve been wondering how Linda is doing on the Lightning anyway.

Dianna

Bud and I are planning on riding this Sunday, if its too windy I may stay home.  You mention your not a speed demon, lol...last time on one of the bike rides...another female rider said she like to ride slow...so there i go..and MAN O MAN...was i eatin her dust.  She was averaging about 17miles ...talk about giving me a workout!!!!  Therefore, wrote myself a note...next time ask the other rider...what are they calling slow???  Me...i like to keep it at about 13-14...at times...but not usually 15.

Rose

IP Logged
Pedalin` Peggy

rbent member

Reply #9 - Nov 8th, 2007, 10:10pm

Way to go Rose!!!! I lose a most of my weight  riding my bike and eating right. Weight Watchers is a great program, they will help you get through  the hoildays and still stay on your weight loss plan. Maybe we can have an all ladies  ttt team in the near feature.     Smiley                                Peggy

'07 Strada
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2007, 10:16pm

Quote from EZ-Rose on Nov 8th, 2007, 8:51pm:
..another female rider said she like to ride slow...so there i go..and MAN O MAN...was i eatin her dust.  She was averaging about 17miles ...talk about giving me a workout!!!!  

Yep, you've gotta watch those speed descriptions...  "Average" is typically 2 mph slower than the typical cruising speed...   And "recovery ride" means MUCH different things to different people!!!

But again, it's good to have to push yourself semi-regularly!!!

Keep up the good work --
Paul / Terrie

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2007, 10:28pm

Remember, women don't lose weight as quickly as us menfolk, so don't go trying to match some of them. The first 10 pounds are easy, but try to limit losses after that to 2 pounds a week. Faster than that may mean you're losing muscle mass which believe me is not good for a cyclist unless it is that useless upper body muscle that doesn't do anything except sit there and burn calories you need to make your legs work...

Opus

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2007, 10:29pm by Opus the Poet »  

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2007, 11:06pm

Quote from Mrs Strada on Nov 8th, 2007, 10:10pm:
Way to go Rose!!!! I lose a most of my weight riding my bike and eating right. Weight Watchers is a great program, they will help you get through the hoildays and still stay on your weight loss plan. Maybe we can have an all ladies ttt team in the near feature. Smiley Peggy

Thanks for the thumbs up Peggy.  I know most of pds i have lost is water weight...I am also doing a variety of exercises, as well as riding my bike.  The food is awesome on WW.  I have bought several WW-cookbooks (they were on sale),  and looking forward to cooking new dishes.  Bud has liked the few I have already cooked..and he is willing to eat what i cook.  I enjoy cooking and baking....and eating of course Smiley  Maybe next time you see me...you will see half of me! LOL

Rose

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print