Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 2:25pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Conversations with strangers (Read 540 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Conversations with strangers
Oct 25th, 2007, 4:56pm

Anyone else ever go wandering through the recumbent section of your LBS and find someone else looking through the same section, or sitting on one, and you can't help but strike up a conversation with them????  I can't help, it, I've got to give 'em a "hello"...

Yesterday at RBM, there was a couple there, and the husband was SLOWLY pedaling a Sun EZ3USX down the aisle.  I immediately noticed that the salesperson had not made any adjustment to the seat position whatsoever, and that he should have been seated at least 8" further back...   I smiled at him and said, "Those are good fun, but you're WAAAY too close to the pedals..."  This continued into a conversation about our experiences owning one of the EZ3's, and comparing it to Ken's Catrike Road, and other recumbents... and talked with them both for about 5 minutes about how they were planning to transport it, etc, etc,  as the salesperson basically stood there, mute...   undecided  (or maybe I misinterpreted her overall silence as just politeness?)

Dunno if they bought anything, but they were both (already) definitely sold on the 'bent concept for riding!   Maybe I'll see 'em around Whiterock someday...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Re: Conversations with strangers
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2007, 8:40pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Oct 25th, 2007, 4:56pm:
Anyone else ever go wandering through the recumbent section of your LBS and find someone else looking through the same section, or sitting on one, and you can't help but strike up a conversation with them????

That's pretty much how I got to know Corsa Ken.

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Conversations with strangers
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2007, 9:40pm

Quote from FooRider on Oct 25th, 2007, 8:40pm:
Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Oct 25th, 2007, 4:56pm:
Anyone else ever go wandering through the recumbent section of your LBS and find someone else looking through the same section, or sitting on one, and you can't help but strike up a conversation with them????

That's pretty much how I got to know Corsa Ken.

I heard that about you...picking up strangers in all kinds of places!!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print