Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 10:28pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Casual RBM/WhiteRock Ride, Sat. Sept 22 (Read 11383 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Casual RBM/WhiteRock Ride, Sat. Sept 22
Reply #30 - Sep 21st, 2007, 7:40am

Quote from FooRider on Sep 21st, 2007, 6:57am:
I guess I've never paid much attention (since I've always started at Valley View, early in the morning before I'm fully awake).  Is there a place to park on the south side of LBJ?

I guess somewhere along the soccer fields and small park parking lots...???  I'll drive by there today to verify that parking is still available at VV Park, since we've already got a detour route mapped out.

If there is no parking at VV Park, head to one of the two parking lots shown in this photo, by getting to the eastbound access road from Hillcrest and turning south on Park Central Drive.

If anyone gets lost, my cellphone is 214 923 9551

Paul

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2007, 7:51am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #31 - Sep 21st, 2007, 10:33am

It turns out that parking's a moot question for me.  I came in to the thread late, since I didn't think my shoulder would be well enough to allow me to ride.  Upon reading the original post, I see that you're departing from the RBM parking lot.

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #32 - Sep 21st, 2007, 1:30pm

Quote from FooRider on Sep 21st, 2007, 10:33am:
It turns out that parking's a moot question for me.  I came in to the thread late, since I didn't think my shoulder would be well enough to allow me to ride.  Upon reading the original post, I see that you're departing from the RBM parking lot.

Well since you're not able to join us,I guess that leaves it up to me take out 4/5 riders.  Get well Foo,we're thinking about you.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #33 - Sep 21st, 2007, 2:05pm

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 21st, 2007, 1:30pm:

Well since you're not able to join us,I guess that leaves it up to me take out 4/5 riders.  Get well Foo,we're thinking about you.

I took Foo's remarks to mean that he was joining the ride at RBM. Enlighten us, Foo.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #34 - Sep 21st, 2007, 2:35pm

PARKING LOT NOTICE!!!!  

There is NO parking available at Valley View Park, except for the small lot at the west end.  The big lot is CLOSED!!

THEREFORE:

We will NOT meet at Valley View Park -- matter of fact, we won't even go PAST it -- the RBM group will just stay on Meandering Way the entire way south to the 635 service road....

We will plan to rendezvous with the ~20+ mile group at the second, smaller parking lot area south of 635 as shown in the photo a couple of posts up.  The larger (first) parking lot south of 635 will probably be filled with cars from soccer players.

The second parking lot may fill up, as well -- so if you're not riding from RBM, park WHEREVER YOU HAVE TO along Park Central Drive, and plan to meet the gang at that 2nd parking lot south of 635 at roughly 8:30-8:45.

FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #35 - Sep 21st, 2007, 2:51pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Sep 21st, 2007, 2:05pm:
I took Foo's remarks to mean that he was joining the ride at RBM.

That's my plan.  

I haven't been on the bike since I got it back from the shop, so I need to take it out for at least a brief spin this evening.  The wrench seemed a little iffy about the rear wheel.  Assuming it's okay, and if my hip isn't killing me in the morning (starting to sound like the stereotypical 'bent rider), then I'll see you guys at RBM in the morning.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2007, 2:56pm by FooRider »  

WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #36 - Sep 21st, 2007, 3:26pm

Quote from FooRider on Sep 21st, 2007, 2:51pm:
Quote from Bud_Bent on Sep 21st, 2007, 2:05pm:
I took Foo's remarks to mean that he was joining the ride at RBM.

That's my plan.

I haven't been on the bike since I got it back from the shop, so I need to take it out for at least a brief spin this evening.  The wrench seemed a little iffy about the rear wheel.  Assuming it's okay, and if my hip isn't killing me in the morning (starting to sound like the stereotypical 'bent rider), then I'll see you guys at RBM in the morning.

Very good,foo. And since you're feeling better,Peggy is looking for a partner for the TT 100 miles.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #37 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:04pm

Baby steps, baby.  I'll want to see how long I can stand holding my right arm up, and then the moaning and gnashing of teeth over lost conditioning can commence.

You guys going to be doing the White Rock ride tomorrow, or are you training for the time trials?

WWW   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #38 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:38pm

Quote from FooRider on Sep 21st, 2007, 6:04pm:
Baby steps, baby. I'll want to see how long I can stand holding my right arm up, and then the moaning and gnashing of teeth over lost conditioning can commence.

You guys going to be doing the White Rock ride tomorrow, or are you training for the time trials?

I can't speak for the others, but I did my last hard ride Thursday night, and I'll be strictly doing recovery level rides until the TTTT start.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2007, 6:39pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #39 - Sep 21st, 2007, 6:45pm

Quote from catroad254 on Sep 19th, 2007, 10:23pm:
I hope you all have fun at White Rock. I'm going out to endanger the lives of numerous upwrong riders at the Autumn In Bonham ride.

Ken

Ken,

Enjoy Bonham, and be sure to give us a report afterwards.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #40 - Sep 21st, 2007, 7:08pm

Quote from FooRider on Sep 21st, 2007, 6:04pm:
Baby steps, baby.  I'll want to see how long I can stand holding my right arm up, and then the moaning and gnashing of teeth over lost conditioning can commence.

With doing 2-a-days for a while(including recent night rides,Celina & Cleburne),this boy is going S-L-O-W tomorrow. No more training for me. At this point,it is what it is!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #41 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 3:35pm

Good ride today, with casual parts and fast parts...  I think we created the usual "stir" as we went around the lake...

MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #42 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 4:48pm

I enjoyed seeing Y'ALL at WRL today.  First time I was able to see Buds world famous Nimbus up close.  This black beast certainly sets the standard for winter beater bikes.  I hope to cherry-pick a good deal in the next two months on a Winter bike.   Im looking for a LWB.  Hopefully with dual big wheels.  Otherwise I will follow in Buds foot steps and convert the 20’ front wheel to 26’.

Sincerely,
Terry  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #43 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 5:53pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Sep 22nd, 2007, 3:35pm:
Good ride today, with casual parts and fast parts...  I think we created the usual "stir" as we went around the lake...

I enjoyed the upright that could NOT keep up with Paul & I around White Rock Lake & as we slowed to meet up with everyone,the upright riders says "you guys are the fastest recumbents I've ever seen. You destroy the stero-type!" That felt good.

Most of all,I enjoyed see everyone again on the ride. Good times with good people.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #44 - Sep 22nd, 2007, 8:06pm

By the time Greg and I got back to DFW Airport, I had 62.4 miles; that was a good addition to the ride. It was great seeing everyone, and we certainly got our share of looks as we pedaled by.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print