Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 17th, 2024, 6:04am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking to sell ad space (Read 733 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Looking to sell ad space
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:23pm

You've all seen the tailbox on my bike, anyone know anybody in the ad business that I could contact about selling ad space on the sides and top of the tailbox? I would like to not have to make a cold call on this as my brain damage makes me sound, well less than intelligent if I have to go "off script". And for those who think I sound perfectly normal in average conversatio, after the wreck I lost about 50 IQ points, depending on which test I take. That takes me down to about 95 (low average) from the 153 I had before the wreck.

Anyway, if you know someone in the ad biz I would appreciate contact information.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Looking to sell ad space
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 9:45am

Maybe you could be like the milk carton guys, and post missing person photos...   Wink

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Looking to sell ad space
Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:40pm

Actually I cowboyed up and did the cold calling, and ended up with 2 returned calls out of about 200, one of which was from one of the biggest, if not the biggest, ad agencies in the Metromess. I sent out my fees schedule for charity rides (pay the minimum for me to ride, get me there, get me fed, and the cost of the signs on the tailbox). I could actually get paid to ride in stuff like the MS150, and other charity rides. I also noted that the tailbox was a great way to get samples out to the riders to be distributed at rest stops etc.

Wish me luck.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print