Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 2:36am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Club rides anyone? (Read 1376 times)
laidbackrider

rbent member

Club rides anyone?
Aug 18th, 2007, 6:38pm

Any of you doing any rides together?  There is safety in numbers.  I am not just referring to pay rides.  I am new to this forum.  Do you folks have any kind of calendar of club or group rides?  Other than HHH when are some of you getting together for a ride next?

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Club rides anyone?
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2007, 9:01pm

Might be a little late, but I'll be doing the west to the wall with the fwba tomorrow morning.  Come on down!

Otherwise, Bud and I ride with the Texas Wheels out of Joe Pool lake marina on Tues and Thurs.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2007, 10:20pm

Quote from laidbackrider on Aug 18th, 2007, 6:38pm:
Any of you doing any rides together? There is safety in numbers. I am not just referring to pay rides. I am new to this forum. Do you folks have any kind of calendar of club or group rides? Other than HHH when are some of you getting together for a ride next?

Welcome to the forum. We do have some rbent group rides, but not on a regular schedule. A few of us rode together today in Keller. We are so spread out over North Texas, we tend to ride more with those who are close to us. What area are you in?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
laidbackrider

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2007, 9:57am

I am in East Fort Worth, old part of Meadowbrook.  I live between Beach & Oakland on Meadowbrook Drive, south of and running parallel to I-30.  More specifically I live between Ben & Tandy on top of the hill.  Last October a bunch of bent riders rode by my house while I was out decorating my front yard for my BIG Annual Halloween party.  Ya'll are all invited by the way,this year on October 27th.   At least a dozen bents went by in about 15 minutes.  I don't know where they were going.  I suppose some of you were in that ride.  I wish you guys would do that ride again.  It would be mighty convenient for me.

Doing that west to the wall, are you on your bent bike?  You must be a strong bent rider.  I don't know if I could keep up on my bent.  That ride's got some tough hills on it.  

What time are those Tues. and Thurs. rides?  I am assuming you are on your bents.  I think I might have a hard time keeping up with folks on road bikes going up the hills.

Myself, I ride 4 different bikes.  I have a nice road bike, an understeering short wheel base recumbent, a hard tail mountain bike and an "urban assault bike" that is a converted comfort bike with solid airless tires.  ON the mountain and road bike, my back & neck really starts to hurt after about 25 miles.  That is the main reason I am trying to get used to my bent bike.  I am thinking of riding the bent in the HHH next weekend.  We get to start first right after the racers I understand.  Any of you going to be there? Any advice for a really green bent rider?

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2007, 10:38am

You only live like a mile and a half from me - that *was* us on that ride - remember talking to you.   Give me a call if you want to go riding anytime - 817-492-9438.  We'll definately do another big weekend ride from my house around that same time.  The Tues/Thurs ride is a really fast group ride with some big hills, so it might be a little tough on you at first.

I ride a p-38, a tica lowracer, and a trek pilot.  I dunno about how strong I am, but strong enough to ride these things and not die Smiley  Yes bents get to start before the main swarm of riders, and many of us will be there for sure.  My best advice is just to ride as much as possible, of course.  If you want to be a fast cyclist do intervals - if you want to be a good climber do hill repeats - that kind of thing.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2007, 7:25pm

Hello Laidback,

John S. has a website with a ride caledar for the year for paid rides (bicycle-stuff.com). Just check this site for local rides. Someone is riding somewhere almost every day. Welcome!

Richard

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print