Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 8:46am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keller area ride? (Read 1590 times)
robert.j

rbent member

Keller area ride?
Aug 13th, 2007, 12:11pm

Charlie, Ray and I are planning a Saturday morning ride on Aug. 18 at 7:00 AM leaving from my church in Keller.  Mostly going hunting for hills to conquer.  Northwood Church is at 1870 Rufe Snow Dr., NW quadrant of the intersection of Rufe Snow and N. Tarrant Pkwy.  Parking area is west of the church off N. Tarrant, park in the far west portion of the lot.  Not sure how far we're going.  I won't have eaten much for a couple of days before that (medical procedures  Tongue) so may run out of gas early, but Charlie knows his way around pretty good and should be able to do some longer routes if folks are up to it.  Anyone else interested?
Robert

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: Keller area ride?
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2007, 7:08pm

For anyone that lives close to the Keller area, please join us Saturday.  There are nice roads in Keller and the surrounding areas.  An option for longer rides is to head west of 377 towards Eagle Mountain lake, and into some very scenic ranch area.  For anyone who has ridden in the Keller Rally in years past, will certainly know the roads.  

I look forward to riding more with the rbent gang and/or y'all joining us in some of the LSR (Lone Star Randonneur) events.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2007, 3:29pm

Looks like you could also optionally head east from there to DFW, do a loop there, and return for about 50+ miles, whenever you would be so inclined.  You're about as far to the west of DFW as our normal GDB Saturday ride start is to the east.

Have fun finding those hills!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2007, 4:35pm

If my bronchitis doesn't kill me between now and then, I plan on joining y'all.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2007, 8:40pm

Looks like we'll have maybe 4 bents and 3 or 4 DFs.  Wide range of skill levels.  Should be fun!

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2007, 8:10am

Bud - I may be playing injured as well.  I hurt my back pretty bad lifting some very heavy speakers and equipment at church.  I'm putting off going to the doctor hoping it's muscular, but I can hardly bend over and put my socks and shoes on.  So I'm not sure if I'll bent or DF tomorrow.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2007, 7:21am

Great ride yesterday.  As Robert said, probably the largest bent turn out for a Keller ride.  4 Bacchettas; 1 Strada, 2 Corsa's, and 1 Ti Aero.  

Robert, Charlie, Bud, myself and two DF riders (Steve and David).  We didn't kill any timeclocks, though my GPS showed a 16.3 avg speed.  Our intent, besides a good "social" time, was to hit as many hills in the Keller, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Southlake area as we could.  And we did...  

Thanks to Robert for hosting a great gathering yesterday. Robert said his increase in speed with his new Corsa over his Actionbent is 1.5 mph.  It showed yesterday, as he rode strong, especially considering he had a medical procedure Friday.

I look forward to riding with the rbent gang more.  And congrats to Greg and Nelson yesterday!

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2007, 7:05pm

Thanks, Robert. I enjoyed riding with everyone, and the mileage was just right for me. I'm going to just take it pretty easy this week, and hope my chest clears up in time for HHH.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2007, 7:57pm

I had a great time.  Definitely an improvement over riding by myself every Saturday.  I thought it was pretty cool with all the Bacchetta's lined up down the road.  Looked like something official!

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print