Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 17th, 2024, 3:34am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prarie Hill Roundup Permanent 08/11 (Read 1064 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Prarie Hill Roundup Permanent 08/11
Aug 12th, 2007, 12:34pm

I really like this course, it is very recumbent friendly, with lots of nice rolling hills.  I had some great company yesterday with our TTTT team (now known as the Cole Train), Ray (on his Aero), Dennis Cook, and Jeremy Davis.  Everybody rode strongly, but the heat was brutal and we took some pretty long recuperations at controls to get over the hot effort to get there.  I bonked a bit near the end, I have trouble making myself take in enough calories when I get hot.  Fortunately we stopped for a final breather about 7 miles from the finish, and a Dr. Pepper and a PayDay helped get me in.  Ray was awesome on his Aero, knee and heat issues seem to be a thing of the past and I know he's feeling good about that.  I got a little extra bonus miles riding back to the start with Dennis after he left his brevet card, so a total of 130.3 miles in an overall time of 11:00 hours, but only 8:26 on bike time.  Looking forward to the shorter but more intense effort at the Hill Country TT this next weekend.  Everybody have a nice and safe week!

Take Care,
Nelson.

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2007, 12:55pm by Kwijybow »  

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: Prarie Hill Roundup Permanent 08/11
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2007, 3:24pm

Nelson,

Yes, it was great riding with our TTTT team on yesterday's 200k.  It's the 2nd time I've ridden this Permanent, and like you, I certainly recommend it.

Considering the high heat, everyone rode pretty strong.  It didn't hit me until I got home.  I did not apply any sun screen, and I'm paying the price.  My face is severely burned, probably the worst ever!

Thanks for the kind words.  My knee did not hurt at all, and I pushed the constant rollers pretty hard.  It wasn't until the last 15 miles or so that I started feeling the effects of the heat, but I did not bonk.

On September 1st, there is a LSR Brevet out of Italy.  It's not the same exact route we took yesterday, but it's close.  Even though it's quite a drive to Italy, I'll probably ride it to get in my September RUSA miles early in the month.

Ray

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2007, 3:31pm

I'm anticipating doing the same ride on Sept 1...

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2007, 5:54am

Paul - are you saying you're going to ride the Prairie Hill Round-up Permanent on 9-1, or the LSR Brevet?  The 9-1 Brevet has the same start as the Prairie Hill Permanent, but a slightly different course.

I'm 99.99% sure I'll ride this Brevet.  Let me know if you're riding the Brevet as I'd love to ride with you.

Regards
Ray

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2007, 9:03am

The LSR Brevet - I joined both RUSA and LSR last week...  Don't know how often I'll participate, but planning on Sept 1 for now.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2007, 12:42pm

Awesome Paul - I'll be there!

Bud/Greg/Nelson - hmm - sounds like an opportunity for a little "benting" in prep. for TTTT

Regards

Ray

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print