Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 3:48pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Official Reclining Flyers TTTT 4 Man Team thread (Read 12519 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Official Reclining Flyers TTTT 4 Man Team thre
Reply #45 - Sep 12th, 2007, 1:23pm

From the GDB discussion board as of Sept 12:

There are only about 40 people registered which leaves a lot of trophies and medals to be won. You don't have to ride 500 miles...there are other distances and time intervals and there are also age group divisions to race in as well. Or, you could configure a team (all male, all female, or mixed) and go for trophy or medal that way. Lots of ways to win and have fun and it'll be a weekend you never forget.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #46 - Sep 12th, 2007, 2:20pm

Speaking of the GDB forum..........

Has anyone there considered letting non-members participate? I kind of run out of budget before I join every single cycling organization in the area, so the clubs I belong to are the ones that start more rides near my Arlington location, but I would like to be able to read the GDB forum.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #47 - Sep 12th, 2007, 7:36pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Sep 12th, 2007, 1:23pm:
From the GDB discussion board as of Sept 12:

There are only about 40 people registered which leaves a lot of trophies and medals to be won. You don't have to ride 500 miles...there are other distances and time intervals and there are also age group divisions to race in as well. Or, you could configure a team (all male, all female, or mixed) and go for trophy or medal that way. Lots of ways to win and have fun and it'll be a weekend you never forget.

Mrs Strada will be riding the 100 miles in the TTTT's. I'm sure we can register the day of...

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #48 - Sep 12th, 2007, 8:41pm

You can - but it's more expensive!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #49 - Sep 12th, 2007, 8:41pm

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 12th, 2007, 7:36pm:

Mrs Strada will be riding the 100 miles in the TTTT's. I'm sure we can register the day of...

Outstanding!!!!! Go Mrs Strada!

Wait...............she's gonna be passing me on the hills............sheesh.....

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #50 - Sep 13th, 2007, 4:04pm

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 12th, 2007, 7:36pm:

Well, now, THAT's cool...  she'll embarrass the HECK out of some of these people...

I see that the 100 mile starts at 10AM Saturday morning... .with any luck at all, the Recliners will have just finished the 500 relay, so we can all cheer her on!!!

Glad I don't have to chase her up the hill!!!!   Cool

PB

Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #51 - Sep 13th, 2007, 4:46pm

And she thinks she isn't ready?!!  I've told her several times "you can do this easily!"  She doesn't give herself credit for being a strong rider.  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #52 - Sep 13th, 2007, 8:36pm

I can't wait to see the look on her face when she crosses the finish line in first place.  I guess I'll have to give her the "you're number one" hand sign  Grin

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #53 - Sep 13th, 2007, 9:13pm

Quote from aikigreg on Sep 13th, 2007, 8:36pm:
I can't wait to see the look on her face when she crosses the finish line in first place.  I guess I'll have to give her the "you're number one" hand sign  Grin

You got it!!!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #54 - Sep 16th, 2007, 3:37pm

Thanks to Barry, I've spent the weekend experimenting with riding the RANS V26, which is the other bike I was considering when I purchased the SXP...

It's a bit more aerodynamic, with the pedals up higher, and the frame is aluminum, a bit stiffer.  A year and a half ago, I wasn't comfortable enough with this higher pedal position.

After putting it through its paces over 100+ miles this weekend, and talking more with Barry, we've agreed that we're going to trade steeds for a couple weeks, and I'll be riding the V26 for the TTTT.  It's definitely a bit faster, and also a better climber...  It weighs basically the same, but I think it's worth it!!!

PB

aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #55 - Sep 16th, 2007, 5:02pm

That'll be cool for the race, but I'd think of a lighter bike if I was going to trade up.  Having ridden bikes of basically the same shape but different weights, I can't tell you how much easier it is to climb with the tica than the baron.

In other random thoughts, I wanted to stress that with the night riding and such we'll be doing, don't try to kill yourselves guys.  I would rather we were much slower on those turns and hills than get risky!

Also, Have we finalized who is bringing what?  I'm volunteering to bring a camp stove and food.  Alexis can whip up a great healthy whole wheat pasta and sauce dish - anybody have a problem with turkey meat in the sauce, or allergic to certain veggies?  Also she can make a fairly low-gi sweet potato whole wheat pancake that's great with fruit and yogurt and honey on it.  I'm also going to bring some monster-type drinks for us and my large cooler.  

Has anyone got an extra tent to bring along?  Also, has anyone messed around with creating a "schedule" for lap orders and car pick-ups?

Paul, I have an extra reflective vest if you need one, and a single ankle band, as well as a bunch of relfective stickers for anyone who needs them for their helmet or bike.

I've got a terracycle mount coming for my bike asap, so hopefully I'll know by Saturday if the tica will work for night-riding or not.  I might drive out there and ride the route at 4am one morning or something to test everything out there and how comfortable I feel, since it's near work anyway.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #56 - Sep 16th, 2007, 8:11pm

Quote from aikigreg on Sep 16th, 2007, 5:02pm:
That'll be cool for the race, but I'd think of a lighter bike if I was going to trade up.

I would consider that, but nobody around here owns a Ti version that I'm aware of, and I wouldn't be so bold to ask...   Smiley  Additionally, my legs felt pretty good this weekend, despite the pedal position change.  But I'm also going to ride it over the next couple weeks for more acclimatization...

Quote:
Also, Have we finalized who is bringing what?  I'm volunteering to bring a camp stove and food.  Alexis can whip up a great healthy whole wheat pasta and sauce dish - anybody have a problem with turkey meat in the sauce, or allergic to certain veggies?  Also she can make a fairly low-gi sweet potato whole wheat pancake that's great with fruit and yogurt and honey on it.  I'm also going to bring some monster-type drinks for us and my large cooler.  

That food sounds great!!!!   Terrie and I will figure out something and post later.

Quote:
Has anyone got an extra tent to bring along?  Also, has anyone messed around with creating a "schedule" for lap orders and car pick-ups?

I'm bringing two tents, one for the campsite, one for "base camp" at the start area, that Nelson is going to put a tarp down for to hold the spot.  Lynn Morrow is creating our banner...

Quote:
Paul, I have an extra reflective vest if you need one, and a single ankle band, as well as a bunch of relfective stickers for anyone who needs them for their helmet or bike.

I think I'm OK on reflective stuff...  thanks!
PB

« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2007, 8:12pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

Bud_Bent

Reply #57 - Sep 17th, 2007, 11:44am

In the Bacchetta forum, John Schlitter says he has mailed his entry for the 36 hour 500 mile race, but Sara K is not going to be there. So, there probably won't be even one female recumbent rider in the entire event, unless...........

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #58 - Sep 17th, 2007, 1:43pm

[

All good points & another reason maybe a "Recliners" meeting after the Whiterock lake ride on Saturday might be a good thing.  

Paul-nice ride. You'll be our speed/hill climber with that new ride. Congrats.  

Bud,no Sara K?!! darn...no scenery,except for Mrs Strada(nice save,huh?!).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #59 - Sep 17th, 2007, 5:09pm

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 17th, 2007, 1:43pm:
[
....no Sara K?!! darn...no scenery,except for Mrs Strada(nice save,huh?!).

Oh, there will be other DF riders around...  it's like I mentioned on the post about the White Rock ride...

PB

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print