Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 11:50am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trip to Denison (Read 552 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Trip to Denison
Jul 8th, 2007, 9:50am

OK Friday and Saturday I went to and from my friend in the nursing home that now lives in Denison. I didn't pack enough calories or water and was totally wiped by the long hard hills that started in Sherman, and didn't end in Denison. To give you an idea of the hills the last 9 miles took about 90 minutes going into Denison, and less than 45 minutes on the way back ( there was a deep valley between the 2 cities). The temps and humidities on the return trip were ghastly. I thought I was back in Tennessee breathing soup instead of air. Total mileage for the trip was 130.05. I saw several thermometers on the return leg at 95 and one at 98.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Re: Trip to Denison
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2007, 10:09am

It definitely was a different sort of weather than we've had so far this season.  I don't know about you, but I always seem to get caught off guard by the first hot, humid ride of the season.  I push myself a bit too hard, don't drink enough, and discover which places I need to be extra careful to cover with sun block.

My car thermometer read 95 degrees during the trip home from Celina, yesterday.  I felt short changed when I pulled the weather stats off Weather Underground to include in my ride log entry.  It said the temperature only reached 90, but it sure felt hotter than that.

« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2007, 10:11am by FooRider »  

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print