Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 1:03pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tour de Italia (Read 634 times)
catroad254

rbent member

Tour de Italia
Jun 16th, 2007, 5:26pm

Well being somewhat unstable mentally I headed for Italy this morning in spite of the dire predictions. South of Dallas the skies opened up with heavy rain, lightning, thunder, etc. It was still raining when I rolled into Italy. I picked up my packet and went back to sit in the car and wait until start time to make a decision. Ten minutes before the start the rain stopped.

The rain held off for the majority of the ride - only 2-3 miles of rain out of the 63 miles. With all of the clouds it was very pleasant temperature wise. The turn out was very low because of the predicted rain so we had the roads pretty much to our selves. The only real negative of the day was a killer head wind for about ten miles near the end. The ride was well organized and with the low turn out they had plenty of everything.

I only saw one other recumbent on the ride, a P38. I'm pretty sure I saw Sue right before the start. I also met Len who was working the ride.  

Ken

Email   IP Logged
suecoop-Linda

rbent member

Re: Tour de Italia
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2007, 7:59pm

That was me Ken.  I recognized your face, but couldn't remember the name, so I just said hi.  
Despite the obstacles, they seemed to have pulled this ride off for us with few problems.  The wind wasn't being very kind, now was it?
Linda

Specialize Mountain Bike
(killing my wrists!)

Lightning Thunderbolt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print