Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 2:09pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tour d Italy Revisited (Read 611 times)
Richard

rbent member

Tour d Italy Revisited
Jun 16th, 2007, 7:33pm

Hello Bent Folks,

All day Friday I watched the radar map to see what the weather might do. You see I really did want to ride this ride because last year I rode through 20 miles of thunderstorm there. I figure what the heck, give it another chance. Well, the hour by hour forecast said it would rain at 7:00 and  again at 12:00. Not too bad, a chance I might sneak a dry ride in. As Ken might say, I must have been suffering from some sort of bent dementia. We loaded up...cloudy no rain, drove south on 35 past 635...clouds no rain, by down town Dallas...it was pouring. Still undaunted and ready for an adventure Linda & I forged ahead. It rained all the way to Italy and let up right as we pulled in. Some of the over night campers reminded me of wet cats. We registered and got a really cool "t" shrirt. I think maybe the best yet. We unloaded and prepaired to ride expecting some rain. We got maybe 30 minutes in and it started to rain on us.  We rode about ten miles with a fellow named Michael (I think) on a black Burley Canto. Nice guy. This was the only other bent I saw. At rest stop one we rolled in to a heavy downpour. We were squishing all the way. All us adventurerers packed in under the tiny awning, eating our nanners and cliff bars as the rain streamed off the tarp. Everyone was laughing and having a good old time. After a short rest we continued on (I was getting cold). It continued to rain on us all the way back. We made 30 miles in good time. Now we looked like wet cats. Dripping wet with a mud streak up our back to the top of our head. The rain stopped as we loaded up and headed back. I think this really was a fun ride. Everyone was just getting into the rain and  the ridiculousness of the whole situation. I guess sometimes we really can make lemonade out of lemmons.  

See yall next go round.

Richard

PS Only got a few Pics.      http://picasaweb.google.com/drahcirrepooc

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Re: Tour d Italy Revisited
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2007, 9:18pm

Richard,

You guys needed to do the long ride. Every time it looked like we were heading into the rain the route would turn. It was amazing.

Ken

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print