Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 30th, 2024, 11:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tour Dallas (Read 1452 times)
catroad254

rbent member

Tour Dallas
Apr 7th, 2007, 4:53pm

I did the Tour Dallas this morning. The ride starts at the American Airlines Center, crosses over the Trinity River, travels through downtown then down Swiss Ave on the way to White Rock Lake. A loop around the lake and then back towards town partially on Turtle Creek, around the Dallas Museum, through the West End and then back to the AA center. Only 30 miles but an enjoyable ride. All of the intersections were controlled by the Dallas PD - I only had to stop once in the entire ride. It was a bit chilly this morning; who would believe being snowed on climbing the hill from White Rock Lake on April 7th. There was live music and eats after the ride. The only negative for this ride is that you have to pay for parking at the AA Center. I saw a four bents on th ride but no one that I recognized.

Ken
Bacchetta Cafe

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: Tour Dallas
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2007, 7:20pm

Wow, you are heartier than me. I mowed the back yard early, before the snow and sleet hit, then retired to the great indoors for the rest of the day.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2007, 9:37pm

Yup.  I kept my butt in the Hizzouse!   My next ride I suppose will be Tuesday with the Texas Wheel Gods.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2007, 8:58am

Ken

This was one I was planning to make. Buuuut, I sat at my table drinking coffee, watching the whisps of snow fall in my back yard, wondering how this figures into global warming. Wink

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2007, 8:40am

Paying a $30 fee is a more-than-partial impetus to still do the ride no matter the weather... Wink

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print