Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 7:43pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new toys! (Read 1496 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

new toys!
Mar 27th, 2007, 8:44am

Is there anything better than new bike toys?  I think not.

Last week I got a new set of 165mm sugino cranks, with a 26 tooth small ring to help me up the big hills.  My knees have been getting strained and sprained for too long.   Can't wait to get it on the bike in time for the ride this weekend.  To go along with it, I picked up a set of tandem crank shorteners.  This should give me the double bonus of a bigger q-factor, which will be another knee saver, and allow me to play around with different crank lengths over time so that I can find the perfect length in future cranksets.  

Heck, I'm even excited about the stuff I got for the wife's v-rex.  We got her a thinner seatpad that shaves 3/4 of a pound off the bike and should enable her to sit a little lower, which will hopefully make the bike the right height for her - it was an inch or two too tall for her to put her toes on the ground comfortably.  Her idler had broken, so I picked up the nice terracycle replacement as well.

Hopefully the shiny new all carbon fiber and titaniYUM TiCa will be at my door soon, which I'm sure will prompt another round of buying.   Shocked

What new toys do YOU have this year?

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2007, 11:47am by aikigreg »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re:  notnew toys!
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2007, 9:07am

It's pretty small stuff for me so far this year: Sunlite messenger bag for the Nimbus, Bento Box for the Corsa, new jacket, jerseys, shorts, and socks.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: new toys!
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2007, 6:13pm

I'm trying to keep it to under $100 a month...    Tongue  My purchases for March were a Fat Tire jersey, a 1" x 26 Specialized Pro rear tire, some chocolate goop, and a couple spare tubes.

However, April approacheth!!!!!!

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: new toys!
Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2007, 12:30am

I don't buy things for my bike, I build things for my bike. Then I take them off and change them and put them back on, for a few weeks. Then I change them again! Then... well you get the idea. Bike is never and never will be "finished". It's just either "under construction", "in testing", or "in planning for next step". Like the old hot rodder's saying, "It ain't done, I'm just resting a bit".

Opus
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2007, 12:31am by Opus the Poet »  

bikesbelongontheroadbikesticker.gif

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print