Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 13th, 2024, 9:07pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baker Road (Read 932 times)
Bud_Bent

Baker Road
Mar 24th, 2007, 4:45pm

Greg and I rode the old Baker Road club route out of Aledo today. Planning on doing the 50 mile route, we missed a turn and added 17 miles to end up with 66.35 miles. Baker Road, itself, is not fit for a bike ride these days. If you ride the area, you should avoid it. There are a dozen or so spots where the pavement has been destroyed, and replaced by very large packed gravel. It was way too rough for the 650 wheels I was on today, but I navigated it without a fall.

I downed plenty of carbs today, and the hills, wind, and rough roads kept our pace down to a 14.0 mph average, and I had no problems like last weekend. I was a bit tired afterward, but Greg looked like he was ready to ride another 66 miles.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Baker Road
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2007, 12:51am

ha!  My butt feels like I just spent 10 years in Folsom Prison.  I need a new seat pad for the P-38.   Surprisingly, my knees feel pretty good though, and once I get the shorter cranks installed, with the smaller granny ring I should be rockin'.  Came home, ate, and napped for a bit and other than the sunburn I am good right now.   Given that I'll have more opprotunities for stopping and having water a bit of solid food, I feel good to go for the 75 miles next weekend, even if the howling winds come again.

I'm really surprised we managed 14mph, considering I spent most of the time in the granny ring.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print