Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 13th, 2024, 5:44pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spring Fever (Read 1182 times)
catroad254

rbent member

Spring Fever
Mar 25th, 2007, 7:21pm

I did the Spring Fever ride in Sulphur Springs this weekend. It was a great weather day and the course was very gentle compared to all of the hills last weekend. There were at least 7 bents on the ride - myself, Steve Petty, Richard, John Sadowski, Bob McClure and a couple of other guys whose names I can't remember - one on a Baron and one on an Easy Racer. I did the 65 mile route as did the guy riding the Baron. There were home made cookies at the rest stops and home made stew and deserts at the finish. A very nice event. For you speed racers there was prize money for the top finishers.

Ken

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Spring Fever
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2007, 8:25pm

Wow - woulda been great to see all those bents out there.  Hope to see as many at the ride next weekend.  I can't remember many bents at all over on this side of the 'plex.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Re: Spring Fever
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2007, 10:41am

I was very impressed with the ride organization. They even provided color coded wrist bands that correspond to colored flags all along the way. Hard to get lost. The weather was great.  The air was filled with many good spring flower smells and a couple feed lot smells too. All but the last 5 miles were most enjoyable. The last 5 I had to really work against the wind. Tongue I laughed at the mudlike stuff on the road at various points. Hey guys, it wasn't mud! Shocked.  I will do this one again.

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print