Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 1:00am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Coffee ride report (Read 1243 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Coffee ride report
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:55pm

I was the only rider on the coffee ride, but that doesn't mean it was a bad ride.

First, the numbers. The actual ride was 15.86 miles from the first Starbucks. I started from my house and cruised the "mall" at Firewheel before the actual start of the ride, so my mileage was 22.53 miles. My average speed was 14.1 MPH at the computer by the end of the ride. Cruising speed was about 16 MPH at the beginning of the ride and 22 MPH near the end.

I got to the "mall" about 0910 and checked both of the Starbucks there to make sure they were A. open and B. participating in the promotion. Yes on both accounts. I was told by current and former barristas that National Coffee break (the name of the free coffee promotion) was a madhouse, with 20 minute lines for the free coffee and sometimes fistfights breaking out over perceived "cuts" in line. Fortunately Garland coffee drinkers are not that passionate about their brew. It seems like they hardly care at all. When I got my first cup of coffee at the Firewheel store I was the only customer in the store. The next store was about the same, a few more people, but I still got my free coffee without a wait. There were quite a few people in the third store, but I only had to wait a couple of minutes to get the free java.  

I got my coffee from the first store right at 1000, finished and left the store by 1013. I left the second store at 1023, and got to the 3rd just before 1100. I drank my coffee and made a restroom break and still left by 1128, and got back to the first store by 1155. It was a fun ride, and I have gotten asked to try again next year same date (03/15/08). Since this will be a Saturday, I expect a better turnout next time Wink

I have been asked to contact Starbucks home office concerning next year's run. I hope maybe next time we can get some swag...

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Re: Coffee ride report
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2007, 11:23am

Opus,

That sounds like you had a good day on the coffee crawl. I would have expected your average to be up around 35 after all the caffeine. Cheesy

Richard

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Coffee ride report
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2007, 4:56pm

Too funny, Opus...   'bentriders wouldn't get into fistfights, anyway...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print