Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 8th, 2024, 6:13pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2016 MS 150 (Read 2472 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

2016 MS 150
Mar 15th, 2016, 8:54am

I'm participating in the DFW area MS 150 this year (April30/May1), for the first time.  I've heard that there is a 100-mile option for the first day, so will probably do that, to wind up with ~180 miles total overall at the finish.  I'm riding for the Baylor Institute of Rehabilitation team (Team BIR), who is the official sponsor/provider of medical supplies for the ride.

The ride starts in Frisco, and goes to Tx Motor Speedway the first day.  You overnight around there (hotel or camp), then complete the 2nd half, riding to Sundance Square in Ft Worth.  They transport you and your bike back to Frisco, later that day, if desired.

Why did I decide to do this ride?  I've got several friends who are dealing with MS - two just recently diagnosed with it, one who's been battling it for 20 years, and others... and all (or at least most) of the money goes towards research.  The "minimum" fundraising amount a rider has to guarantee is $300, but I set my initial fundraising goal at $1,000 -- and successfully raised that amount in the first two weeks, thanks to generous friends.

I've raised the target higher, to $1,250.  If you are so inclined to donate, please go to my MS150 fundraising page, by clicking the link below.  Any and all donations are appreciated, and I will publish a post-ride report, with photos taken along the way.  And if donations go over $1,250, so much the better for MS research!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?px=14120134&pg= personal&fr_id=27149

Thank you in advance -- and if anyone else is thinking about joining in on this ride, you're welcome to join me!  

Regards,
Paul

P. S. -- If you are participating in this ride, please post on this thread!  Tell us why, and what your fundraising goal is.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
shellbear

Re: 2016 MS 150
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2016, 11:22pm

I've participated in MS150 events since 2004 and this will be my 5th year to do the DFW ride  My friend Cesar was diagnosed in 2004 and while he's not doing so great these days I remain hopeful that research will continue to develop new treatments and, eventually, a cure.  
Here's my fundraising page for those who are so inclined to learn more about Cesar's journey: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/Sstracener2016  

Paul, I hope to see you on the road but I will probably be eating your dust all day! I've never done the Century option on Day 1 of this particular ride, but I'll tell you that Day 2 on the way into Sundance Square is exceptionally hilly! You can make it, we'll see if I can attempt it this year!

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2016, 3:46pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2016, 1:02pm

I've raised the target higher, to $1,500.  If you are so inclined to donate, please go to my MS150 fundraising page, by clicking the link below.  Any and all donations are appreciated, and I will publish a post-ride report, with photos taken along the way.  And if donations go over $1,500, so much the better for MS research!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?px=14120134&pg= personal&fr_id=27149

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2016, 5:22pm

My fundraising total has, indeed, reached the $1,500 goal mark...  thank you to all who donated!  More is certainly welcome, if you are still considering it.

bentMSrider

rbent member

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2016, 5:45pm

I appreciate you riding in the MS 150.  I have ridden in it once a few years back.  I have MS and love rideing my P38.  wish I was going to be there this year.  Thank you again

WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2016, 4:06pm

....and, of course, the forecast is for storms Friday and Saturday... ugh....  but a nice Sunday....

diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2016, 8:52am

Just and update---Saturday there will be a car show (Pate Swap Meet) at TMS. Shocked  It's from Thur. thru Sunday.  Then you'll have May Fest to contend with in Ft. Worth on Sunday. Smiley  Everyone be careful out there and I hope the weather holds for you.  It's looking better than it did earlier this week.  Be safe and "Ride On".  Smiley

IP Logged
CruzbikeChris

rbent member

Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2016, 3:18pm

Kinda late to the race here but looks like I will be joining you folks in this one. Wasn't sure I could manage after bing off my bike for nearly a month. With less than 3 weeks prep I'm all in. Wife roped me in a few months back since she works for SAM's and they needed some more showing. I unfortunately got sent out of town on business right in the middle of my training so I'm hoping for a finish. Wish me luck and if you haven't ponied up for any of the others, here's you another chance: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?px=14720106&pg= personal&fr_id=27149

If you are looking for me at the start, I got lucky with this team, we start up front since they are title sponsors. Say hi when you fly by! Hoping for clear sky's all weekend....

Chris

2013 Cruzbike Silvio 2.1
2017 Cannondale Trail 5 for the off road times
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2016, 1:35pm

Good on ya for joining in, Chris!!!  I'm doing the 100 the first day, and will be with the Team BIR (Baylor Inst. of Rehab) folks truck.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print