Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:50pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197706 times)
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #345 - Nov 20th, 2014, 4:31pm

Hi Opus.  I was wondering the other day what happened to you.  I've missed you on the forum.  Hope everything works out ok with the insurance.  Otherwise, we may have to custom fit a helmet for you.

IP Logged
enerjazz

rbent member

Reply #346 - Feb 8th, 2015, 8:05pm

Been riding a 1998 Bike E since 2001. Just picked up a 2007 Bacchetta Strada last weekend and took it out both Saturday and Sunday on this beautiful weekend. What a difference - much faster and that Euromesh seat is so much more comfortable. I'm in Fairview.  

Paul

Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #347 - Feb 9th, 2015, 1:13pm

Opus,
That's the neat thing about recumbent riding--I have retrofitted many things that were meant for the DF world and made them fit my world. If you put your mmd to it you can retrofit a rock climbing helmet or something to your particular situation. I hope you find what you need to get back on the road!!!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
BenbrookBent

rbent member

Reply #348 - Mar 19th, 2015, 8:44pm

After a five year break from riding, I'm back on a bent.  A Catrike Villager, this time.  Still have the V2 and Cruz but haven't been able to ride for a long time due to family and health issues.  But, I'm back and plan to start riding the trail starting at Memorial Oaks in Benbrook three or four time a week (late mornings).  I'm retired now, so should be able to get riding time in.  Of course it does compete for time with my other hobbies.  Retirement is busier than I thought.

Hope to see to see some bents out there.

John

Rans V2
Rans Cruz
Catrike Villager
  IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #349 - Mar 19th, 2015, 9:20pm

A busy retirement is a good retirement.  Come visit with the Clowns sometime.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #350 - Mar 20th, 2015, 12:08pm

Enerjazz, would you be Paul Westbrook, Elena's hubby???

Paul Brown

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
BenbrookBent

rbent member

Reply #351 - Mar 29th, 2015, 10:34am

No...that's not me.  I'm John...no wife, just a dog and hobbies.

Rans V2
Rans Cruz
Catrike Villager
  IP Logged
JasonMartin

rbent member

Reply #352 - Jul 16th, 2015, 10:52pm

Hey fellow benters, Jason Martin here. 48 yrs old, been a triker since 1991 on my homebuilt. I am now back in the DFW area after having served in the U.S. Cavalry at Ft. Bragg, NC. I live in Rowlett, just east of Dallas. At the moment of this post, my trike is a multi-basket case going through a teardown/rebuild. Working on blueprints for an all monocoque construction, Indy car style body trike. Pics coming. You'll like it I promise. Anyway, I need to get riding as soon as possible, this old body needs conditioning. VA says I'm 80% disabled, but I don't use it for anything. No handicap parking, no special anything. More deserving soldiers out there need it more than I do. If there is anything I can do for my North Texas Trikers,  give me a shout.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #353 - Jul 16th, 2015, 11:39pm

Quote from JasonMartin on Jul 16th, 2015, 10:52pm:
Hey fellow benters, Jason Martin here. 48 yrs old, been a triker since 1991 on my homebuilt. I am now back in the DFW area after having served in the U.S. Cavalry at Ft. Bragg, NC. I live in Rowlett, just east of Dallas. At the moment of this post, my trike is a multi-basket case going through a teardown/rebuild. Working on blueprints for an all monocoque construction, Indy car style body trike. Pics coming. You'll like it I promise. Anyway, I need to get riding as soon as possible, this old body needs conditioning. VA says I'm 80% disabled, but I don't use it for anything. No handicap parking, no special anything. More deserving soldiers out there need it more than I do. If there is anything I can do for my North Texas Trikers,  give me a shout.

Welcome to the forum, Jason.  Thank you for your hard work and service to keep US going.  Where in the area are you?  Do you weld aluminum?

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #354 - Jul 17th, 2015, 7:01am

Welcome aboard Jason!  What part of DFW are you in, now?  Lots of areas to ride, and a fair number (relatively speaking) of bent riders.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #355 - Jul 17th, 2015, 9:24am

Welcome Jason

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service, 23 years Air Force and spent some time on the other side of Ft Bragg and No Hope Pope airplane patch.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #356 - Jul 17th, 2015, 10:49am

Quote from JasonMartin on Jul 16th, 2015, 10:52pm:

Welcome!  I live in Rowlett as well. Do you happen to have a bulldog and a son that is around 6 or so?  If so, I believe I talked with your wife at the dog park in Rockwall a couple of weeks back partly about bike riding. She mentioned her husband is back from the military and exploring some riding in the area. Curious if it was you.  

In any event get some pics of the trike up sounds interesting. Would like to get a look at it in person one of these days. We have 2 more bent riders in Rowlett that will be along shortly I would suspect. Though one is riding cross country so he maybe a while.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #357 - Jul 17th, 2015, 11:20am

Smiley
Jason, welcome to the forum! Thank you for your service, my man! I'd love to see your machine, and I'd be honored to ride with you some day.

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #358 - Jul 17th, 2015, 7:33pm

Welcome, Jason.  Our Rowlett Clown is in Wisconsin right now, but FlyingLaZboy visits us occasionally.  You're welcome to meet with us at Barbec's on Garland Rd. 8:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
JasonMartin

rbent member

Reply #359 - Jul 23rd, 2015, 4:04pm

Hey guys, thanks. I will come to Barbecs tonight to meet n greet. Might even bring the trike in the trunk. Looking forward to it. Now then, where in the heck IS barbec's?  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Send Topic Print