Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 3:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A tour to Spicewood, TX and Willie Nelson's golf c (Read 197 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

A tour to Spicewood, TX and Willie Nelson's golf c
Nov 22nd, 2022, 9:27am

I got to meet Willie Nelson in 1979 at the annual Blessing of the Shrimp Boat Fleet in Darien, GA about 11 miles north of my hometown of Brunswick, GA. I took my mom and wife to the festival that takes place after the Blessing of the Fleet. We were walking on the docks and I saw a shrimp boat that was the school colors of the high school I went to, blue and orange. I stopped and started talking with the two guys on the deck of the shrimp boat and they told me the boat belonged to Willie. Then I heard Willie's voice as he was on the bridge with the priest doing the Blessing and Willie started singing. The one guy said we should wait about 30 minutes and come back and Willie would talk to us. Sure enough when we got back Willie was a most gracious host.  

Anyway I plan on riding my velmobile down to Spicewood and play a round of golf on willie's 9 hole Pedernale Cut N' Putt course. I am taking one of my guitars to have Willie autograph it too. Before he got Covid and then some other health issues we had planned on a greet and meet but now I am not sure if that will be possible. The person in charge said bring my guitar and they would have Willie autograph it even if he didn't feel like talking to me.  

It will be a short 4-5 day trip and I will get to try out my new Leaf hub motor. I will only use it for climbing hills. I don't really need the motor but the doctors and wife demand I have it. With the motor if I have an issue I can motor to the hospital. Since I do have the motor I might pull my little coroplast travel trailer I built. That way I can carry all my stuff and guitar and not clutter up the velomobile. I already have permission to park and camp on Willie's property. I will take my good camera and take pictures of Willie's different buildings and property. Maybe when I get back home I will take the media card to a vinyl shop and have the pictures turned into a wrap for the trailer.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: A tour to Spicewood, TX and Willie Nelson's go
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2022, 9:24pm

Dr's and wife say no more touring. I guess I'll drive down to Spicewood and visit Wille. I'll take the velomobile and do some short rides around Spicewood and Marble Falls. Rides of 10, 20 miles maybe but 30 miles or more I get disoriented, dizzy, and sometimes pass out. Too many health problems. I'll keep competing  
in powerlifting, casual rides, and one day soon challenge Battle Mountain. I will not be able to keep the hammer down for the run at Battle Mountain but do it like intervals. I'll have to have oxygen, my nebulizer, and a few other meds on board.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print