Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 6:59am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Numbness Reducing Platform Pedal Assemblies (Read 566 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Numbness Reducing Platform Pedal Assemblies
Aug 13th, 2021, 1:22pm

I have used Crank Brothers Eggbeaters on my recumbents for 14 years. Recently, I started experiencing numbness in my big toes and the balls of my feet. Sometimes, it would last for days. I have wide feet, and have been unable to find wide enough riding shoes, so my feet have been scrunched into the toe boxes all these years. Had to take some action to relieve the numbness, so purchased some 4E orthopedic shoes w/arch support insoles and fabricated some platform pedal assemblies from 1/8" aluminum plate, toe cages, Velcro heel straps, and Rock Bros MTB pedals (I removed all of the studs). The aluminum plate platforms distribute the loads and the pedal axles are located more towards my foot arches. My left foot and toe no longer go numb. My right toe still goes numb, after 50 miles of riding, but the numbness goes away after several hours of not riding. I'm going to visit a podiatrist for other foot issues, and will have him order custom arch support insoles for me, while I'm there. I have a pair of these pedals installed on both my GS Aero and my Speed E-trike.

Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Numbness Reducing Platform Pedal Assemblies
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2021, 1:45pm

Get this patented. Mosquito Works will make a fortune!! Smiley

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Numbness Reducing Platform Pedal Assemblies
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2021, 2:55pm

Quote from kenbent6 on Aug 13th, 2021, 1:45pm:
Get this patented. Mosquito Works will make a fortune!! Smiley

When I went out to the Works this morning, I  swear I could hear the mosquitos saying: "Where hove you been, we're hungry".  Cheesy  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print