Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 1:25pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It’s Been Over a Week Acclimating Myself to CO (Read 545 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

It’s Been Over a Week Acclimating Myself to CO
Aug 12th, 2021, 6:13am

Actually, I have been here since Sunday.  I was supposed to leave Saturday, but for the life of me, I couldn’t find my keys.  In the flurry of activity to get out already, I somehow *zipped* my keys in the top pocket of my suitcase.  Well, too late to take off Saturday, might as well take care of more things, get abundant rest, then take off Sunday.  
In the few trips I have taken to drive the 12-hour trip, up here, I normally turn off the road for nap time, extending the ETA by a few hours.  I felt pretty good and did the whole thing in about 13 hours.  It was the Golden Hour when I arrived, pretty, made prettier, unfortunately by smoke from the Dixie wildfire in CA.    
I took the first couple of days to rest from the trip, and to plan my week ahead, mainly switching over registration from TX to CA so that I could start ride sharing.  On Tuesday, I found out that DoorDash wasn’t requiring the transfer, so I hit the road with a vengeance, delivering 170lb. purchases to customers who always seem to be on the third floor.  Fine, the workouts were helping me to acclimatize to literally a mile-high altitude.   I discovered even Uber Eats allowed deliveries with out of state registration, so I said goodbye to Walmart deliveries with DD.  More $ with Uber, anyway.  
Meanwhile, Cindy has been preparing for her knee replacement surgery.  That’s today.  Those who pray, please pray for a smooth operation and rapid recovery.  Thanks.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: It’s Been Over a Week Acclimating Myself to CO
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2021, 2:50pm

Quote from Action Lad on Aug 12th, 2021, 6:13am:
Actually, I have been here since Sunday.  I was supposed to leave Saturday, but for the life of me, I couldn’t find my keys.  In the flurry of activity to get out already, I somehow *zipped* my keys in the top pocket of my suitcase.  Well, too late to take off Saturday, might as well take care of more things, get abundant rest, then take off Sunday.  
In the few trips I have taken to drive the 12-hour trip, up here, I normally turn off the road for nap time, extending the ETA by a few hours.  I felt pretty good and did the whole thing in about 13 hours.  It was the Golden Hour when I arrived, pretty, made prettier, unfortunately by smoke from the Dixie wildfire in CA.  
I took the first couple of days to rest from the trip, and to plan my week ahead, mainly switching over registration from TX to CA so that I could start ride sharing.  On Tuesday, I found out that DoorDash wasn’t requiring the transfer, so I hit the road with a vengeance, delivering 170lb. purchases to customers who always seem to be on the third floor.  Fine, the workouts were helping me to acclimatize to literally a mile-high altitude.   I discovered even Uber Eats allowed deliveries with out of state registration, so I said goodbye to Walmart deliveries with DD.  More $ with Uber, anyway.  
Meanwhile, Cindy has been preparing for her knee replacement surgery.  That’s today.  Those who pray, please pray for a smooth operation and rapid recovery.  Thanks.

WOW!! what a life change. Stay healthy and in prayers.  Smiley

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2021, 5:11pm

Key, Glad you made it up there without any problems.

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2021, 7:55pm

Sounds like you're moving quickly.  We're cheering for you.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2021, 12:48am

Thanks, guys!
Cindy’s full knee replacement operation yesterday went faster than expected for a harsh reason.  There was so much damage to the joint because she put it off for so long, that they had to put in all new material, including a completely new kneecap.  When there is only a little damage and more undamaged bone, there is more work for the doctor.  Hmm.  
The recovery was smooth, including her first walk down the hall.  Then she overnighted with pain under control.  Today was more therapy walking and learning how to walk with a cane and a walker.  The most arduous thing was just waiting for her turn to get discharge papers signed.  Picked her up late afternoon today, then to a prepared home for easy walking.  The real struggle should be tomorrow and Sunday with exercising that knee and managing that pain.  Keeping finger crossed!
Thanks for the good wishes, all!

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2021, 12:50am by Action Lad »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print