Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 10:11am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mirror Replacement (Read 1025 times)
GuyP

rbent member

Mirror Replacement
Jan 27th, 2021, 12:41pm

My left side Mirrcycle mirror broke on yesterday's ride. It lodged against the tire and partially melted before I came to a stop. I'm sure the e motor contributed to that.  

I removed the broken mirror this morning and dreaded having to buy the same crappy Mirrcycle brand mirror again. Then I happily remembered that I had a couple of the super great Hafny mirrors on a couple of seldom ridden old bikes.

The installation of these mirrors only took a couple of minutes not including fine tuning adjustments on the road.

The Hafny mirrors are by far the best mirrors I have ever used. They are a snap to install and adjust. They are also very sturdy and don't vibrate like the fragile Mirrcycle mirrors.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Mirror Replacement
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2021, 1:16pm

Guy, can you post a photo?

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2021, 5:06pm

Really prefer the hafney mirrors myself.  At one point they were the stock mirror on the CT2.0, not sure that’s  still the case but I bought mine from Easy Street in Keller last year and will never spend money on mirrcycle again.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2021, 6:43pm

Quote from GuyWire on Jan 27th, 2021, 12:41pm:
My left side Mirrcycle mirror broke on yesterday's ride. It lodged against the tire and partially melted before I came to a stop. I'm sure the e motor contributed to that.

I removed the broken mirror this morning and dreaded having to buy the same crappy Mirrcycle brand mirror again. Then I happily remembered that I had a couple of the super great Hafny mirrors on a couple of seldom ridden old bikes.

The installation of these mirrors only took a couple of minutes not including fine tuning adjustments on the road.

The Hafny mirrors are by far the best mirrors I have ever used. They are a snap to install and adjust. They are also very sturdy and don't vibrate like the fragile Mirrcycle mirrors.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print