Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 10:53am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trinity Trail FTW to Dallas (Read 449 times)
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Trinity Trail FTW to Dallas
Dec 23rd, 2020, 4:09pm

This project-- trail from Ft. Worth to downtown Dallas has been happening now for a little over a year and since I live in Irving, I've been watching the progress.  https://www.dfwi.org/item/in-2023-you-could-bike-from-fort-worth-to-dallas
Irving is already connected on the west to Grand Prairie.  

Grand Prairie is not connected to Mike D Lewis park and then on to Hwy 360.

Arlington-- River Legacy is already extended east to Hwy 360 waiting for Grand Prairie to extend their trail system west. 

Dallas-- heading East from Irving, the bridge is installed over the river at Hwy 356/183 and heading towards downtown Dallas in the levies to connect with the Trinity Skyline Trail.   

My question---can someone from the Ft. Worth side check out the trail system heading east from Quanah Parker Park and see how that is progressing?  The above URL tells the intended routes, but there are still several gaps in the route that are not completed.  Google maps doesn't have some of the completed trails yet either.  

Once this trail is completed, I think we should ride from our perspective cities and meet in the middle.

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2020, 4:22pm by diannalightning »  
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Re: Trinity Trail FTW to Dallas
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2020, 7:42pm

I rode trinity trails east of quanah Parker a few weeks ago, it stops at 820.  My understanding is they will not complete the trail under the new 820 bridge until all that construction is completed and I believe that is summer 2021.  I’m unfamiliar with any trails on the east side of 820, perhaps someone has that knowledge and can chime in.  I understand there is a trail over there that will connect to river legacy but I have no information on it.  NCTCOG has all of this listed with expected completion dates link is below, really good info here.  I’m not sure how current it all is but a great overview of what is happening across the metromess, 775 miles of trails is amazing to me.  

https://www.nctcog.org/trans/plan/bikeped/bikeweb

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print