Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 3:39pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
back from the dead (Read 3372 times)
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Re: back from the dead
Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2022, 9:12pm

On Feb 14 I got my sciatica fixed but wasn't allowed to ride. About the time I was allowed, the sciatica came back with a vengeance and I ended up using a walker.  
Not to long ago I went in for a steroid injection and the next day I felt better, it was that fast.
Now I am wondering how long it will last and should I order a wheelchair.  
My wife says hell no!
Tuesday I did my first ride in a long time, only 11 miles but it felt good to get back on the bike.
Of course, being an optimist I plan to carry my cane on the bike.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2022, 6:34pm

Good luck, John!  Kathy has gotten several months relief from arthritis with steroid shots.  I hope it works as well for you.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2022, 6:52pm

It's hell getting old. I've had so many health problems that I hadn't ridden anything over 40 miles since August, 2020. But I managed a 50 mile ride a couple of weeks ago, then rode my age last week, 71 miles. I'm slow as mud, but considering I wasn't able to ride at all on my birthday last year, I'm not going to complain too much about how long that birthday ride took.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2022, 10:26am

When it rains . . . . .  
I now have 4 or 5 doctors. One tells me to take this prescription and another says not take this one and a third says don't take any because my sugar is a little high. (A1C 6).

I forgot to mention that handful of chocolate I ate the night before the blood test. And of course nobody wants to answer the phone. So for now I am going to forget the blood test and continue taking my meds.

I also had a problem with my feet turning red. I assumed it was the blood thinners and the heart doctor changed my prescription but it turns out it was some kind of skin problem and I get to see a dermatologist next week.

Oh I managed to ride 20 miles this week.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #19 - Jun 24th, 2022, 5:09pm

My sciatica i still here only it's not so bad that I can't walk around. And it doesn't hurt when I ride the trike. Today I rode 25 miles.  
Only one problem, a flat tire in the rear about nine miles back and I forgot the socket required to take off the rear wheel. It's not some thing people carry around on a bike. I tried walking but soon realized that I was getting nowhere fast.  
I thought I can always buy a new tire and I already have a extra wheel that I may never use. So I rode the trike 9 miles home. The wheel went thump, thump, thump all the way home.  
After I recovered, I drove up to bicycle Evolution, expecting to at least buy a new tire and tube and who knows what else.  
In the end All I needed was a new tube.  
Thanks to Bryan the tech at Bicycle Evolution who spent hours checking the bike.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print