Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 7:57pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cotton Patch-Greenville and Tour de Paris (Read 797 times)
gerrym

rbent member

Cotton Patch-Greenville and Tour de Paris
Sep 12th, 2020, 8:28pm

Next Saturday( September 19th) the Cotton Patch Bike Ride in Greenville, Texas is scheduled for the 1st 400 riders that sign up on line.  I will be there if the weather is good riding my Schlitter Freestyle. Masks will be required until after the start.  

The Tour de Paris will be the next Saturday (September 29th). The packet pick up will be at the pavilion Next door to the civic center the night before or after 7:30 am Saturday. You may start riding Saturday morning between 6:00 AM and 8:30 AM. There will not be a mass start this year to help with social distancing. Online registration only.  
This is my home town ride. I will be there on my Freestyle.

Anybody else going to these rides?

Email   IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Cotton Patch-Greenville and Tour de Paris
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2020, 10:44pm

Pre-registered for 80 miles. Will most likely be on velomobile, although I could opt for Bacchetta or road bike.

Email   IP Logged
gerrym

rbent member

Re: Cotton Patch-Greenville and Tour de Paris
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2020, 11:35am

Daniel, hope to meet you there. Only saw one tour easy rider and several trikes at Greenville. Everything The Greenville ride was great except for the 1st 8 miles on the 4 lane busy highway. It was very hard to pass  other slower riders on the shoulder. Side by side riders were reluctant  to move over to allow me to pass. Ended up in the rubble strip once when a fellow rider  I was passing moved to the lane I was in. Sure glad the Freestyle had 38mm wide tires. Sure was glad to get to the Farm to market roads.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print