Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 3:26am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The parking lots are closed (Read 1773 times)
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

The parking lots are closed
Mar 29th, 2020, 8:01am

I went down to the pond (WRL) early this morning to get in a short walk. I found all the lots were barricaded off  and DPD were patrolling around.  So I guess people were too social and they said enough of that.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: The parking lots are closed
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2020, 12:02pm

Quote from johnnybent on Mar 29th, 2020, 8:01am:
I went down to the pond (WRL) early this morning to get in a short walk. I found all the lots were barricaded off  and DPD were patrolling around.  So I guess people were too social and they said enough of that.  

The County's stay-in-place order has not been amended to prohibit exercising at parks and on trails, as long as social distancing is practiced. What will prevent drivers from parking along the sides of East and West Lawther, like they do when the parking lots are full? They will probably do that, until the City puts up temporary "No Parking" signs.  

I can always ride from home to the lake via the Santa Fe Trail. Wonder if I would be arrested if I rode around the parking lot barriers to use the port-a-potties? Should I take a chance, considering no one would permitted to drive downtown to bail me out of jail?  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2020, 7:06pm

Well, I just received word they blocked off the roads entering WRL.  I would assume the only way to get access to enter would be to show an home address on the lake.  

Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2020, 8:01pm

I wonder if they are blocking the trail at Anderson Bonner.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2020, 9:19pm

Quote from jcsadowski on Mar 29th, 2020, 8:01pm:
I wonder if they are blocking the trail at Anderson Bonner.

Probably not, because the White Rock Creek Trail is not crowded with people.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2020, 10:56am

Kenny J just called me from WRL. Barriers are up at lake entrances and there are park employees at each one to keep drivers from moving the barriers. So, no access to Sunset Bay or any of the other parking lots. Trail is still open to pedestrians and riders. Water fountains have been turned off. Guess the port-a-potties will still be serviced. We'll find out tomorrow.

Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2020, 6:18pm

After riding around the pond today looking for a good place to park and ride I!!! decided Norbuck park was the best place , it is flat, lots of parking, and 2 potties. located at the corner of Buckner and NW hi-way.  Smiley

IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2020, 10:35am

That is the runners lot. They fill up early in the morning but usually are gone by 9 or so. Another lot that could be used is the one at Buckner and Lake highlands. They left the potties there also. A third option is Flag pole hill. No water, maybe a potty, No one there and ya got a view. Bad thing about Flag pole is ya gotta do a short climb to get there.

Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2020, 5:08pm

Just heard they closed the Pond are all parks closed? let us know when you find out. Smiley

IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2020, 6:06pm

My understanding is the trail is open just dont use anything.  I will continue to enlighten you. Jay can continue his take out for the birds.  

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2020, 9:44pm

The trail is open, according to this article: https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2020/04/a-crowded-white-rock-lake-was-a-tr icky-problem-for-the-city-of-dallas/

Will not be a decent place to ride all day, if they don't let the honey wagon through the barriers to service the port-a-potties.

Email   IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2020, 9:58pm

I rode out there today - trails are all open. Used the Pot 'o Gold at the Bath House and it was in pretty good shape.

Email   IP Logged
slack_sails

rbent member

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2020, 9:59pm

I will, again, park at Dallas Bike Works on Thursday. I hope things have not gotten any worse than what I experienced on Tuesday. Didn't see any problems other than potties. I am thinking that I will try to get there at around 8, trying to beat the wind and rain forecast.

Email   IP Logged
kingjason

rbent member

Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2020, 12:57pm

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2020, 1:24pm

They're kinda closed and they're kinda open.  They're supposed to monitoring the lots for over crowding etc.  But cats, they are what they are.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print