Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 1:24pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Port-O-Potty Issues at WRL (Read 849 times)
ICE_Man

rbent member

Port-O-Potty Issues at WRL
Jan 4th, 2020, 11:03pm

John S, the #1 Clown and I met at The Green Spot on Northcliffe at Buckner and unloaded there around noon today.  The reason is that Jay G tipped me off to the lack of Por-O-Potty placements at WRL.  Apparently the city of Dallas did not renew their contract so all but two locations are available.   John and I left The Green Spot and headied down Northcliffe and eventually on to E Lawther.  We then went to the Sunset Bay parking lot and verified that all the facilities were removed.  While there I was scanning the scenery south and noticed 2 residual Port-O-Potties at Winsted Point baseball fields' parking lot.  We headed on the trail to Emerald Isle and found two that weren't removed.  They were still functionable and underused. We then headed back north on E Lawther and around WRL via the NWHwy trail and then down W. Lawther to the boat launch-large parking lot between Fisher and Branchfield streets.  We noted one large Port-O-Potty still there as well and it was it in state of over use.  We then turned around and headed back north up W. Lawther and then around WRL down E. Lawther and up the Northcliffe hill to Buckner.  We stopped for the restroom break at The Green Spot. We then headed back down Northcliffe and repeated our first ride.  It was a perfect day weather-wise and was not as crowded as typical on a Saturday afternoon.  

Until the city has a new contractor for portable facilities for us we could park either at Sunset Bay or on Emerald Isle and use the two Potties there.  If they remove them without replacing any, maybe we could just head up Emerald Isle and use Barbec's facilities much like we used the one at The Green Spot.  The rest of you will have better ideas I am sure.  

Craig

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Port-O-Potty Issues at WRL
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2020, 5:23pm

I just saw a notice from the district 9 council women about the potty’s. They will be replaced tomorrow.

Email   IP Logged
slack_sails

rbent member

Re: Port-O-Potty Issues at WRL
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2020, 10:31pm

We have a pair of potties at White Rock Boat Club. But you would need a code to get in. If we coordinate, I will provide access. We could all park at the club until the park department gets their sh*t(ters) together.

I have not heard back from anyone. I just checked the rbent forum, and saw that someone else reported that the potties would be replaced tomorrow. I guess I will plan on going by SS first. If potties are there, I will stay. If not, I will go to the marina to park. I have no idea what anyone else will do.  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print