Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 12:48am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bafang! (Read 945 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Bafang!
May 25th, 2019, 6:23pm

Sounds like a dirty word, and given the opportunity i will make it so. But it's actually a mid drive motor similar to the Shimano steps. It replaces the crank on your bike and has a wheel sensor to detect when you're rolling and kicks in with the assist.  750 watts.  

It's also cheaper by about 1300 or so than the Shimano. So i got it installed on my azub ttris today and holy crap I'm impressed. I should be able to ride a lot more now.

I'd throw a pic up on here but what website do we use to share photos now that photo bucket is gone?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Bafang!
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2019, 7:00pm

I'd throw a pic up on here but what website do we use to share photos now that photo bucket is gone? [/quote]

I'm now using IMGUR. Free and easier to use than Photobucket (AKA Ransombucket).

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2019, 7:29pm

Let's see if this works
Bafang https://imgur.com/gallery/KUbADw6

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Rat Rider

Recumbents Across
Texas

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2019, 5:31pm

That's pretty cool. I have a Falco left over from a trike I recently sold. Wish I would have known your were in the market.

Looks good. Ride more!

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2019, 5:32pm by Rat Rider »  

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2019, 4:33pm

Greg I use Imgur.com too. Just go to your images and click on the very bottom where it says "Linked BBC code" and click copy. Then log into Rbent and don't use the image thing on rbent, just paste what you copied and the image will appear.  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2020, 10:54pm

Update: obviously i wasn't using my trike much when i couldn't breathe and having all the other issues, but even when i started recovering i didn't use it much. Momentum.  Since the Carbent's boom is back at BentUp for service I've ridden it a lot this week.  Tonight i drained the battery. It's been charged twice at about half to 25 percent battery and I've gotten 230 miles on it so far.  

Of course now that I've dropped the weight of the trike plus motor and battery I've only used the motor to assist the knees up hills or catch my wife, but that's still impressive. I'm thinking some tours should happen on this baby.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print