Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 5:30am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tour to Crater of Diamonds (Read 2074 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Tour to Crater of Diamonds
Apr 7th, 2019, 10:37am

My buddy Tony is driving down from Chicago and spending the night of the 11th, Thursday, at my house. We are leaving Friday the 12th riding to the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. I am turning around there and Tony will continue riding back home. Here is a link to our ride and Tony's complete ride.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1KenvgUus51Xvs5WWHfZWYLgJUwyH108S&ll= 33.40615194131296%2C-96.13473676816352&z=10

Anyone that wants can join in all or part of the ride.

I'll be riding the WAW and Tony his streamliner that he used last year on the Natchez Trace ride we did together.

I love the WAW as I can put my camping gear in the front with easy access by just taking off the hatch cover that is held in place with magnets.

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2019, 10:38am by jrob_bent »  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Tour to Crater of Diamonds
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2019, 2:40pm

jrob, Not tring to put my two cents worth in, BUT looking at your map, the NETT from Merit to Wolf City is not very rideable except for a mt. bike especially if it is wet, the mud will be #@!$%^&*( there is road that will get you to Wolf City with extra miles.

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2019, 6:28pm

Tony did the route and I told him I was taking to the roads. Looks to me like only about 8 miles really ridable.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2019, 8:48pm

Well, my tour is off. I have to go and be the care taker for my 90 year old mom for 2-3 weeks. From now on no plans just wake up one morning and go. Every time I plan something it just doesn't work out. Oh well I'll take my new corovelo with me to Louisiana as my new 406 wheels are done and I can start the modifications in between being a nurse!

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2019, 10:32am

My touring buddy Tony is now going to SF and riding back to Chicago. He has someone to transport him and his bike to SF. He will hook up with the Trans AM to MO then head north to Chicago. Maybe I can catch up to him in CO or KS and ride to MO where my wife will be with our van.

Looks like it will be around Newton or Toronto, KS before I could meet up with Tony. Then ride together to Jefferson City or Washington, MO where I will meet back up with the wife and van.

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019, 10:50am by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2019, 4:24pm

Jerry, if you or Tony are going to have a link on Crazy Guy on a Bike or somewhere else, please post the link so that we can follow your trip(s).  Sorry to hear you're having to cancel the original plans but there is a greater plan.  Hang in there. Smiley

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2019, 7:54pm

Tony decided he wasn't up to riding from SF so he is going to ride from the Crater of Diamonds State Park back to Chicago. I don't know why he doesn't ride his trike but that is his decision. I will not be riding with him but he has started a cgoab journal here:  

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1mr&page_id=553456&v=3J

He is an engineer who likes to build, race, and tinker with bikes and DIY fairings.

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2019, 7:55pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print