Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 2:16am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fun Ride 9/1 (Read 1524 times)
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Fun Ride 9/1
Aug 10th, 2018, 1:00pm

Annual fun ride (12mph or less) to Lancaster air show, car show and food. Saturday 9/1/18 Be ready to ride at 8:00 am. Meet at Robinwood Baptist church at 175 hi-way and Stark rd. Seagoville Tx. Drinks and pot available across street. NO service till get to air port about 17 miles. Bring money for food and 2.50 gate fee. NO MAP and not much of a leader..ask anyone from last year.. Smiley

IP Logged
bob wand
Ex Member

Re: Fun Ride 9/1
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2018, 6:11pm

I can't wait to find the rest of that Plate Glass Mirror. I want to try out some new tires!

IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2018, 5:54pm

OOOPs!! Did a rode check to airport but did not make it. Rode construction on roads leading to back side of airport. Not sure what can be done, may have to cancel or leave from Lancaster on shorter ride, other route has bad dogs and rode full of pot holes and rough. stay tune to your favorite forum for update.  Smiley will check rode construction next week them decide.

IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Fun Ride 9/1 Plan B
Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2018, 3:33pm

PLAN B!!!  After some suggestions, air show and car show at Lancaster air port will leave from parking lot 1 block south of Lancaster town square. Be ready to leave at 8:15am this will give more time to spend looks at planes and cars and more time for FOOD. New route will be about 10 miles one way with a nice hill on return route. All riders can shop at Johns Bike Shop at return. Ride date 9/1/18 Saturday. Will collect $2.50 gate fee before leaving.

IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2018, 9:30pm

Well good, I'm glad you found a route for one of my favorite rides of the year!

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Dennis

rbent member

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2018, 4:10pm

I regret I won't get this opportunity to say "Hi" this year.   **cough** **cough**  This is both for my own benefit as well as for the rest of you.   Doctor says flu outbreak is officially started in the area,  though I don't think that's what I had, I'm still trying to get over it.   No sense in being more of a vector than I already am showing up to work each day.  (I clearly appreciate y'all more than my coworkers.  Smiley )

P.S.   If you wake up on your ride day with your head feeling like you breathed in poison ivy while mowing the yard the previous day,  just let it go.  Don't do like me and say this isn't going to get in the way of my ride.   Whatever I had, took the post ride energy slump opportunity to beat me down for going on two weeks now.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2018, 5:44pm

Quote from Dennis on Aug 30th, 2018, 4:10pm:
Doctor says flu outbreak is officially started in the area...
Ah, the flu.  Another thing I won't miss, being out of the school system.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print