Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 9:45am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GDB Sunday Roll - open invite (Read 1433 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

GDB Sunday Roll - open invite
Sep 16th, 2016, 10:34am

Just wanted to put in a plug for the GDB Sunday Roll ride...  it's a weekly "explore Dallas" ride that rolls at ~16 mph, for 30ish miles over the course of 3 hours, with one rest stop break.  If you enjoy a social pace, and discovering areas of Dallas that you've perhaps never knew existed, I encourage you to try this ride.  You don't have to be a GDB member to participate (in any GDB ride, actually)...

Note that this is not a "12-15mph" ride -- our typical rolling pace is about 16-17 on open stretches, and there will be the occasional hill to climb -- however, it is a "no drop" ride, so you won't get left out there somewhere unknown.  Other 'benters who have participated include Lynn (a regular), Shelley, Doug D, Squarecorners, Lawrie, and Sadowski, so you can ask them about it, too.   Doug D has been doing it recently on his carbon trike.

The ride leaves promptly at 9AM from the northeast corner of Preston/Royal, behind the Cantina Laredo and Einsteins Bagels.  We get back in the 12:00-12:30 timeframe.

I'm anticipating that we will ride through Downtown and to Fair Park this coming Sunday, to go see Big Tex before the fair starts up.

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: GDB Sunday Roll - open invite
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2016, 2:41pm

As paul said, its a very friendly group,  I've been doing this ride since the 1990s (except when I was forced off the bike during those dark times)    Its no-drop and well supported with radios, sweeps,   etc    

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Sep 16th, 2016, 10:34am:
Just wanted to put in a plug for the GDB Sunday Roll ride...  it's a weekly "explore Dallas" ride that rolls at ~16 mph, for 30ish miles over the course of 3 hours, with one rest stop break.  If you enjoy a social pace, and discovering areas of Dallas that you've perhaps never knew existed, I encourage you to try this ride.  You don't have to be a GDB member to participate (in any GDB ride, actually)...

Note that this is not a "12-15mph" ride -- our typical rolling pace is about 16-17 on open stretches, and there will be the occasional hill to climb -- however, it is a "no drop" ride, so you won't get left out there somewhere unknown.  Other 'benters who have participated include Lynn (a regular), Shelley, Doug D, Squarecorners, Lawrie, and Sadowski, so you can ask them about it, too.   Doug D has been doing it recently on his carbon trike.

The ride leaves promptly at 9AM from the northeast corner of Preston/Royal, behind the Cantina Laredo and Einsteins Bagels.  We get back in the 12:00-12:30 timeframe.

I'm anticipating that we will ride through Downtown and to Fair Park this coming Sunday, to go see Big Tex before the fair starts up.

Paul

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: GDB Sunday Roll - open invite
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2016, 11:38am

Here are the tracking routes for the last couple rides we've done, as an example.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print