Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 4:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Used 700 question (Read 1333 times)
Mdicke

rbent member

Used 700 question
Mar 3rd, 2016, 9:52pm

I found a used 2010 Catrike 700 for around $1,600.  After a little closer review of the pic's I notice the seat mesh had some break through that will require a replacement mesh sooner that later and also realized the shifters were twist nuts and not bar end.  Do any of you know if the 201o model equipped with twist or bar ends.  I am starting to think $1,600 is a bit high.

Any input here.  Thanks

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Re: Used 700 question
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2016, 11:24am

The 2010 came with bar end shifters (9-speed).  The seat damage means either it was well ridden or the user was a heavyweight.  A new seat costs a good bit, but you can also find out from Mike at Easy Street if the new padded seatmesh will work on the 700.  Still, if it is otherwise in good condition, $1600 isn't bad, but the seat gives you some haggling room.

If you are thinking of racing, you should probably look for the newer model, which is potentially faster, with the 20" wheels and more streamlined position.  For just going long, I like my 2010 model better, but a seat pad helps.

The original Dura-Ace right shifter may have broken (it's what they do).  When mine went, I took advantage by converting to 10-speed, with SRAM bar-end and derailleur.  No crank change is necessary.  I wouldn't think twist shift was necessary or desirable on the 700.  I bought my 700 in 2010 and have put around 15,000 miles on it.  It's still solid.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print