Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 4th, 2024, 6:52pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
slow roll paris tx (Read 2498 times)
esbee

rbent member

slow roll paris tx
Jul 17th, 2015, 10:45pm

The slow roll in paris tx- had 2 young teen girls who rode around the block the other day came with  me on my  sun trikes, me on the anura...they left me behind as they followed the route through town- ALL UPHILL! the ride's 8 mph speed avg was much faster than my 8 mph !!! again, I was the last one!  
Monkeywrangler spending the night with us...her Schlitter (?) bike is a Beauty!!!! a real thoroughbred.   We have enjoyed her visit.  

susan in paris

p.s. found out one of our bike seats broke---the wood support broke in half---anyone had that happen before? Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: slow roll paris tx
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2015, 1:00pm

Wood?

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2015, 11:57am

Susan, thank you so much for your kindness in opening your home to me for the night.  It was so relaxing,  to chat and dine, to get sleep, and not have to get up at 3:00 am to load up and drive to Paris.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2015, 7:41pm

come back any time---sooon! with the kids and I will take them horse back riding.

and for my bike ride report-   2 trikes  at texoma cycle getting some tune-ups, etc so I rode the 2 wheeler schwinn around the block a few times for 2.4 miles.

susan in paris.  

p.s. and yes the wood base of the seat broke in half??????????? but that is getting fixed at texoma bikes too.  

Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2015, 7:51pm

Another 4.85 miles around paris on the slow roll---just got my anura out of the shop with new tires and I think he added an extra squirrel because for once I did not bring up the rear. lots of up and down hill, who knew paris was so mountainous. the 2 girls that rode with me before rode again, one on my schwinn. saw a hand trike, a cat trike and a performer trike, anyone heard of that brand?
susan in paris Smiley

Email WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2015, 8:59pm

Quote from esbee on Aug 3rd, 2015, 7:51pm:
Another 4.85 miles around paris on the slow roll---just got my anura out of the shop with new tires and I think he added an extra squirrel because for once I did not bring up the rear. lots of up and down hill, who knew paris was so mountainous. the 2 girls that rode with me before rode again, one on my schwinn. saw a hand trike, a cat trike and a performer trike, anyone heard of that brand?
susan in paris Smiley

Performer is a Taiwanese manufacturer: http://www.performer.com.tw/new/index.php?cPath=84_94. Their U.S. rep is RBR: http://rbr.info/product-category/performer-recumbents/.

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2015, 9:09pm

Did some one say Schwinn?  It is red?  Anyway another round or two 'round the pond for 32 this evening  I was amazed with the warning to the clubs and all how many riders ran the stop signs, not just slow down and look but twenty mph runnin'. Saw The blue ford but no rider.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2015, 9:15pm

Quote from johnnybent on Aug 3rd, 2015, 9:09pm:
Did some one say Schwinn?  It is red?  Anyway another round or two 'round the pond for 32 this evening  I was amazed with the warning to the clubs and all how many riders ran the stop signs, not just slow down and look but twenty mph runnin'. Saw The blue ford but no rider.  

Guess you're talking about the "head's up" here: http://www.greaterdallasbicyclists.com/  

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2015, 9:22pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print