Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 11:41am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Peach Pedal --11July,2015 (Read 1795 times)
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Peach Pedal --11July,2015
Jun 26th, 2015, 11:55am

I wanted to see if any other R-Benters were planning on doing this ride.  It starts at 7:30am and early registration fees apply until June 30th ($25.00).  Compared to other rides, this is a bargain.  You also get entry to the Peach Festival with registration and shuttles are provided to take you from the high school to the festival.  Hopefully I will see other recumbents there.  URL for the site http://www.peachpedal.com/ .

IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: Peach Pedal --11July,2015
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2015, 9:39pm

I love this ride .. I've done it for years ..  and I'd do it this year if I wasn't out of town ..  However, I got into a fight with one of the locals last time because I didn't want to take one of the dang shuttles over to the festival ..  I wanted to  -- ride my bike ..    Which I'm perfectly capable of doing.   Now I'd have been nice about things if she'd just asked me to turn around or take some alternative route, but sometimes I can be a bit onrey, especially when I'm told "You can't ride that on this street"  and proceeded to jump in front of me to stop me and grab the bike.      Really?   How about I dial 911 for you and we can talk about the assault by contact you just committed.  

This is why I now carry external 10000mah batteries for my cameras,  I would have loved to post that to youtube for all to see; but they were dead at the time.  

Quote from diannalightning on Jun 26th, 2015, 11:55am:
I wanted to see if any other R-Benters were planning on doing this ride.  It starts at 7:30am and early registration fees apply until June 30th ($25.00).  Compared to other rides, this is a bargain.  You also get entry to the Peach Festival with registration and shuttles are provided to take you from the high school to the festival.  Hopefully I will see other recumbents there.  URL for the site http://www.peachpedal.com/ .

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2015, 7:27am

You must be a lot nicer than I am. If someone grabs my handle bars or bike, I probably would put that person in a rear naked choke hold or arm bar! Either way, they would let go of my bike and not be inclined to grab it again. Smiley Wrist locks are pretty fun too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8LvwfhQkMSmiley

Quote from MrWizard on Jun 28th, 2015, 9:39pm:
I love this ride .. I've done it for years ..  and I'd do it this year if I wasn't out of town ..  However, I got into a fight with one of the locals last time because I didn't want to take one of the dang shuttles over to the festival ..  I wanted to  -- ride my bike ..    Which I'm perfectly capable of doing.   Now I'd have been nice about things if she'd just asked me to turn around or take some alternative route, but sometimes I can be a bit onrey, especially when I'm told "You can't ride that on this street"  and proceeded to jump in front of me to stop me and grab the bike. Really?   How about I dial 911 for you and we can talk about the assault by contact you just committed.  

This is why I now carry external 10000mah batteries for my cameras,  I would have loved to post that to youtube for all to see; but they were dead at the time.

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015, 7:32am by jrob_bent »  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2015, 3:27am

I've mellowed in my old age ..   That and fighting a "local"  in a texas country town is always a bad idea.   Though I did think about a swift kick in the kneecap --  and see how she would enjoy the impact of my 250watt/hour legs backed by carbon fiber souls with attached metal cleats ... didn't seem worth it in the end though .. you can't cure stupid, no matter how hard you beat on it.  

Quote from jrob_bent on Jun 29th, 2015, 7:27am:
You must be a lot nicer than I am. If someone grabs my handle bars or bike, I probably would put that person in a rear naked choke hold or arm bar! Either way, they would let go of my bike and not be inclined to grab it again. Smiley Wrist locks are pretty fun too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8LvwfhQkMSmiley

Quote from MrWizard on Jun 28th, 2015, 9:39pm:
I love this ride .. I've done it for years ..  and I'd do it this year if I wasn't out of town ..  However, I got into a fight with one of the locals last time because I didn't want to take one of the dang shuttles over to the festival ..  I wanted to  -- ride my bike ..    Which I'm perfectly capable of doing.   Now I'd have been nice about things if she'd just asked me to turn around or take some alternative route, but sometimes I can be a bit onrey, especially when I'm told "You can't ride that on this street"  and proceeded to jump in front of me to stop me and grab the bike. Really?   How about I dial 911 for you and we can talk about the assault by contact you just committed.  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print