Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 7th, 2024, 2:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bent Bandit TT (Read 2702 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Bent Bandit TT
Jun 25th, 2015, 10:50pm

Any interest in getting together for a group "race" at the Texas Motor Speedway?  I rode the TMS Victory circle for my tempo ride tonight.  It's pretty much dead on 5 miles, dead flat, and built for speed.  Little to no traffic and 2 lanes wide so we can take the whole lane and put the hammar down.  Or not as you please.  Lots of restaurants close by for fellowship afterwards, and short loops means no one gets lost or stuck without supplies.

We could do a couple different little races to make it interesting.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Bent Bandit TT
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2015, 10:56pm

At a week-long conference next week, that is, if I can shake this spasm I have going in my lower back.  Argh!  
Always wanted to the TMS, though.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2015, 7:05am

That could be fun...Dave enjoyed the TdC out there last weekend, though he did get tired of Go fast- Turn left...

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2015, 9:36am

If I remember correctly there are a couple of stop signs on Victory Circle.  

I only did one lap out there before heading into the track to do lots of laps of go fast,  (relatively speaking) and turn left.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2015, 10:13am

Quote from dd5339 on Jun 26th, 2015, 9:36am:
If I remember correctly there are a couple of stop signs on Victory Circle.

I only did one lap out there before heading into the track to do lots of laps of go fast,  (relatively speaking) and turn left.

Semper Fi

There are a few stop signs on it but if you avoid peak traffic times there is little to no traffic on it rendering the stop signs negotiable.  I've ridden at various times and the only times I would suggest you avoid for this type riding is the typical 5-6pm mon-fri and 7-8 am.  I've never ridden it without seeing several tri bikes out there doing intervals.

It's fast and fun but gets old quick.  There are lots of open roads in the area should one want to venture out.  If you look at most any route I ride you will see that I am typically within 5 miles of TMS at some point most all the time.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2015, 2:33pm

Sounds like fun to me! Maybe when I come in a 2-3 weeks, we could get some bents together and have some fun! Smiley For five miles I could put my fairing and body sock back on. Maybe I would not get too hot and pass out. embarrassed I would make it this time Greg, even if I had to camp out next to the road!

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
CruzbikeChris

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2015, 4:20pm

So here's the deal. Heading to TMS this Friday @0730 for attempt at my first 40k TT to see where I am in the great scheme of all things cycling (Read-never done this before). The Cruzbike forum has started this little TT competition and I'm a little behind. All are invited to join me as you wish, rabbits and tortoises alike. I'm going to shoot for a 20mph average for 5 laps and hoping, due to holiday times, traffic will be light to non existent. Meet at the sales office for a warm up lap followed by a 5 lap speed run. Maybe a bite to eat afterwards if antibody wants to.....

Won't you join me? Smiley

Chris

2013 Cruzbike Silvio 2.1
2017 Cannondale Trail 5 for the off road times
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2015, 4:30pm

Quote from CruzbikeChris on Jul 1st, 2015, 4:20pm:
So here's the deal. Heading to TMS this Friday @0730 for attempt at my first 40k TT to see where I am in the great scheme of all things cycling (Read-never done this before). The Cruzbike forum has started this little TT competition and I'm a little behind. All are invited to join me as you wish, rabbits and tortoises alike. I'm going to shoot for a 20mph average for 5 laps and hoping, due to holiday times, traffic will be light to non existent. Meet at the sales office for a warm up lap followed by a 5 lap speed run. Maybe a bite to eat afterwards if antibody wants to.....

Won't you join me? Smiley

Sounds like an interesting time, i'll do the quick ride and the head home as I have other commitments.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2015, 5:37pm

Dang it, I will be at work at 0730. (I assumed you meant 7:30 am, but I will also be at work at 7:30 pm as well. Sucks to be me.) Have a good ride, and hopefully I can make the next one.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2015, 7:28pm

We're going out of town for the fourth, otherwise I would totally be down for that.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print