Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 3:07pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR populaire June 13 (Read 3449 times)
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

LSR populaire June 13
Jun 3rd, 2015, 6:33pm

Lone Star Randonneurs have scheduled their next populaire Saturday, June 13.  No membership is required to ride.  The venue, however, is not firmly established, as it was originally to start at Lynn Creek Marina, which currently under water.  The host is monitoring the situation, to see if the start will need to be moved, or if a different route will be used.  I will update this post with any news.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: LSR populaire June 13
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2015, 10:22pm

Please keep us updated. I have been wanting to come to one and I might be able to make this one!

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2015, 8:14am

Too bad it's the same day as Collin County Classic.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2015, 1:39pm

I'm interested in this, too. I was planning on the Collin Classic, but if I can do this ride for free, and get a taste of randonneuring and meet the group, then I'd rather do this. It's a 150k, right?

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015, 1:40pm by BentTrekker »  

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2015, 5:26pm

That's what Stephen has posted.  I know of a hundred miler from the marina, not a 150k.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2015, 8:34pm

Quote from rmillay on Jun 4th, 2015, 5:26pm:
That's what Stephen has posted.  I know of a hundred miler from the marina, not a 150k.

Just checked the RUSA site, there are no 150k's out of Grand Prairie, several 100 or so and the century(162k).  There is a Jerry Austin route out of Arlington - Pleasant Point Pop 157k but I've never ridden it so not sure where it starts from.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2015, 10:47pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Jun 4th, 2015, 8:34pm:
Quote from rmillay on Jun 4th, 2015, 5:26pm:

Just checked the RUSA site, there are no 150k's out of Grand Prairie, several 100 or so and the century(162k).  There is a Jerry Austin route out of Arlington - Pleasant Point Pop 157k but I've never ridden it so not sure where it starts from.

I'm referring to the 150k posted on Lonestar's site here for 2015/06/13: http://www.lonestarrandon.org/brevets.html . Is this not the one Robert is speaking of? A 150k is about a hundred miles, right?  Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2015, 10:48pm by BentTrekker »  

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2015, 11:09pm

Definitely keep us informed.  Dan and I want to do the ride too.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2015, 4:31pm

We rando types keep track of the kilometers!  150k is 93 miles.  But as I said, the exact route hasn't been posted.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2015, 7:16pm

Well, the populaire is on for Saturday, June 13, at 07:00.  The route is slightly modified from the Lynn Creek century, and will be 100 miles.  We will depart from the Kroger parking lot off Broad street in Mansfield.  No membership is required to ride the populaire.  Here is part of Stephen's post.

Start Location:  In the parking lots at the southwest corner of Hwy 360 and Broad Street, Mansfield.  From the intersection, go west on Broad Street, take the first left turn next to Taco Casa and Whataburger.  There is an open parking area away from the stores behind the Whataburger.  I will be driving a white Ranger pickup.  Address for the Taco Casa is 3260 E Broad St, Mansfield, TX 76063.  A link to Google Maps showing the area is:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mansfield,+TX/@32.5753907,-97.0821808,197m/dat a=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x864e61b503063617:0x5a879c9c71f23bb1?hl=en  That open lot with no cars on it is the place.

We would normally use the Lynn Creek Marina parking lot (public park).  As that is currently under water, we are borrowing this parking lot.  I did okay this with the Kroger manager for this Saturday.  Please be a good customer, leave the parking lot as clean as you found it, and buy stuff at the stores if you use their facilities.  There is a big nice Kroger, a Chick-fil-A, a Taco Casa, a Starbucks, a Whataburger all nearby, and a Race Trac across the street.  If you want to eat after the ride, you have lots of choices also.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2015, 9:37pm

Being a full century changes things.  May or may not be there - depends on what Dan wants to do.  Truthfully, I'm not sure I'm ready for a century in the heat.  Last week alone nearly did me in at just 60 miles.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print