Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 2:38pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
changing tires? easy as pipe! (Read 1043 times)
esbee

rbent member

changing tires? easy as pipe!
May 29th, 2015, 9:04pm

VICTORY! never had to remove the wheel from the rest of the trike...My hubbie, Stephen, got a flat blade screw driver to help get the tire off the rim.  Then I replaced the tube, replaced the tire, added air and went for a short 2 mile but oh so nice ride on the anura---I had been riding the Sun trikes and much prefer the anura, smoother easier ride. someday I will try a tadpole.  

Susan in paris  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

around and around the block
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2015, 8:17pm

a little rain tonight -very small popcorn shower with thunder 3.67 around the block- steve rode a little-shoulder still hurts---.8 testing out the red Sun trike from getting it back from some tuning up. total 4.47 for 2 days. susan in paris Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: changing tires? easy as pipe!
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2015, 5:38am

Hey Susan, a set of bike tire levers will work better than the flat blade screwdriver for changing a tube.  Less risk of putting another hole in the tube you are patching, opr the new one you put in.  Good ones are only a couple bucks for a set of three, and they usually have a hook on the non-prying end, to put around a spoke, to hold the lever in place under the tire edge.  Ones by Park, or Pedros are usually good quality.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print