Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 13th, 2024, 6:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Silver Comet Ride (Read 4465 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Silver Comet Ride
May 11th, 2015, 4:01pm

We took off to Georgia at the end of April to finally experience the Silver Comet Trail. I had heard so much about it, decided this was as good of a time as any! Gay and Gary Bradford came along, and we had a super fun week exploring Georgia!

We rode a trail in Carrollton, Georgia the day before Silver Comet. The people in Georgia are super friendly, and a local gave us a detailed (as in where each bump, mid puddle, stick, etc.) was along the Silver Comet (the ENTIRE Silver Comet). Also, a worker that had to replace the refrigerator at the resort we were staying in spent the morning filling us in on every inch of a lot f trails. TOO CUTE and so nice. SO we had a great game plan from the locals on what sections to hit and what to avoid.  

In a nutshell: Georgia is HILLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I said thanks about every five minutes for the maker of the BionX. I would have had a VERY short ride without that baby. As it was, I kept the BionX on about 2 the entire distances (except on the return segment on the Silver Comet - we had climbed the ENTIRE way heading out, but WOO HOO was that EVER a fun return trip!!).  

Gay and I had our Go Pro's on and had fun filming the rides (note to Gay: Turn the GoPro OFF when in the porta potty! HA HA HA HA HA HA ).  

We had so much fun, we decided to plan a ride for the Gulf State Park in Alabama the last week of APril/first week of May in 2016.  

Recumbent Road Trips are a BLAST!!!

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Silver Comet Ride
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2015, 4:02pm

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2015, 4:04pm

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2015, 4:06pm

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - May 11th, 2015, 4:12pm

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - May 11th, 2015, 4:13pm

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - May 11th, 2015, 4:18pm

Looks like you had a great time!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2015, 11:58am

"Gay and I had our Go Pro's on and had fun filming the rides."

Videos coming soon?   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2015, 2:58pm

Rode that trail 4 or 5 times when I lived there!

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - May 13th, 2015, 9:57pm

Key, My videos are pretty dull. I did pop off a few times wit some not-so-nice comments (in jest, but never-the-less R rated). This one is halfway okay -- at the end we go through the tunnel. I videoed the entire ride so Go Pro broke them up into 6 segments. Not real entertaining. Gay accidently left her's on the Porta Potty. She didn't realize it until we were watrching her movies! HA HA HA HA  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQzNtJ4Vvs

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - May 14th, 2015, 7:12am

We'll be heading out to Gulf Shores, Alabama April 29 for a week of riding out there in 2016. If anyone wants to ride out there,  you can head that way (for a few days or a week).

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - May 14th, 2015, 8:13am

No trail there when I lived in the area back in the early 70's. Just a lot of trains! I plan on going back and riding the Silver Comet and Chief Ladiga Trail in AL. Then do the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Nashville.  

Glad you guys are having fun. And thanks for turning off the GoPro in potty! Smiley I have to remember to turn mine off when I stop! I forgot once. Smiley

Quote from texpug on May 11th, 2015, 4:01pm:
We took off to Georgia at the end of April to finally experience the Silver Comet Trail. I had heard so much about it, decided this was as good of a time as any! Gay and Gary Bradford came along, and we had a super fun week exploring Georgia!

We rode a trail in Carrollton, Georgia the day before Silver Comet. The people in Georgia are super friendly, and a local gave us a detailed (as in where each bump, mid puddle, stick, etc.) was along the Silver Comet (the ENTIRE Silver Comet). Also, a worker that had to replace the refrigerator at the resort we were staying in spent the morning filling us in on every inch of a lot f trails. TOO CUTE and so nice. SO we had a great game plan from the locals on what sections to hit and what to avoid.

In a nutshell: Georgia is HILLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I said thanks about every five minutes for the maker of the BionX. I would have had a VERY short ride without that baby. As it was, I kept the BionX on about 2 the entire distances (except on the return segment on the Silver Comet - we had climbed the ENTIRE way heading out, but WOO HOO was that EVER a fun return trip!!).

Gay and I had our Go Pro's on and had fun filming the rides (note to Gay: Turn the GoPro OFF when in the porta potty! HA HA HA HA HA HA ).

We had so much fun, we decided to plan a ride for the Gulf State Park in Alabama the last week of APril/first week of May in 2016.

Recumbent Road Trips are a BLAST!!!
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p778/EasyStreetRecumbents/edits1_zps5wlar3el .jpg

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #12 - May 14th, 2015, 1:41pm

Quote from texpug on May 13th, 2015, 9:57pm:
Key, My videos are pretty dull.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQzNtJ4Vvs

Quite to the contrary.  
That was a peaceful and quiet roll on the sun-dappled lane through the forest.  
I'm saving it to play along with my decompression (classical) music. Smiley  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print