Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 1:03pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Google Group for 2015 HOT (Read 1899 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Google Group for 2015 HOT
Apr 4th, 2014, 6:51pm

Don't worry, I will not be pestering y'all relentlessly until next February about the 2015 HOT!  

I have created a Google group to send updates on the 2015 HOT and take questions, feedback, ideas (but let's keep complaints to a minimum Smiley ). You can go to the group to sign up to receive all the chatter via email when it happens:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/heart-of-texas-recumbent-rally-and
-rodeo-2015

Feel free to tip off anyone who may want to participate in the 2015 HOT!

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Google Group for 2015 HOT
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2014, 9:40pm

Lord, are we already starting hot threads?  Seems like it's every other thread as it is.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2014, 12:19pm

Quote from aikigreg on Apr 4th, 2014, 9:40pm:
Lord, are we already starting hot threads?  Seems like it's every other thread as it is.

Party pooper.  Wink

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2014, 5:02pm

Here's an easy solution: If the title says HOT, just don't read it.   Grin

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2014, 9:28pm

Our I could be a real party pooper and delete all the threads.   Smiley

Quote from Patti on Apr 8th, 2014, 5:02pm:

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2014, 12:31pm

Quote from Patti on Apr 8th, 2014, 5:02pm:

[/quote]

That would, of course, be your prerogative but one would hope that the interest for information regarding recumbent events would outweigh any minor annoyance caused by the perceived over-exuberance of the poster.  Wink

IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2014, 1:29pm

In self defense, I go on and on and on about things, because unbelievably, people ALWAYS tell me "we didn't know".  Smiley
SO I try very hard to "let people know."  

But this brings up an interesting point -- it seems kind of strange that other events and happenings don't work as hard to promote recumbent cycling. I shout it from the roof tops because I LOVE recumbent cycling and the people involved. We all have a BLAST at the HOT getting to know other recumbent riders and talking for days about our bents. Wish there were MORE of these happenings.  

On this note -- get ready: I am going to start broadcasting about the Houston Haunt I am scheming up for October. I want a bunch of bent people to come to H Town and let's ride Saturday morning. Crash that afternoon, then meet up at 10 p.m. in downtown Houston to crawl the streets with about 2,000 other strange people dressed up in costume (the ride starts at midnight). TOO FUN.  I giggle just think about a bunch of bents all dressed up riding through Houston. And me and my other "Things" are the reigning costume contest winners from 2013!  Smiley

Bike Houston said they would let me know as soon as they choose the date. So be on the look out (to check or AVOID) for "Houston Haunt"   Smiley

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
Rat Rider

Recumbents Across
Texas

Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2014, 12:01am

Why don't you give her a separate category? I too tire of tripping over the many, many threads. It pushes more pressing and interesting (to me) information off of the first page.

YMMV - opinions are like... everyone has one, etc., etc.

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2014, 12:38am

Lol, many threads indeed.

Quote from Rat Rider on Apr 13th, 2014, 12:01am:

Why don't you give her a separate category? I too tire of tripping over the many, many threads. It pushes more pressing and interesting (to me) information off of the first page.

YMMV - opinions are like... everyone has one, etc., etc.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Apr 13th, 2014, 7:03am

Well. okie dokie. For those who want to keep up with the HOT, you know where to find me. For a fun time - keep up with the HOT ELSEWHERE!  Now, back to the ever-so-often "interesting posts" y'all want to read! You HOTties can find me elsewhere.

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2014, 9:40am

No worries Jane, maybe its just that some are jealous that you don't host more then one ride a year in Austin.  You've gotten a following, why not consider expanding the series with just some rides?

Winter - Corpus Christie
Spring - Austin
Early Summer - Trinity Trails Ft Worth
Fall - San Antonio Mission Trail

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2014, 9:41am by Denman »  
Email   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2014, 9:46am

Sounds good to me! But this fall we're doing the Houston Haunt. Last year we did the River City Recumbent Roll.  June 7th we're doing the Spindletop Spin (www.spidletopspin.com). Heat kind of kicks my tail, but I am SUPER in favor of riding in different spots all over the state!!!!! They won't be like the HOT, but I feel sure we can come up with some SUPER fun ideas for each ride!!!    Smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2014, 9:47am by texpug »  

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2014, 2:07pm

I don't think you were catching the underlying humor in any of these replies.  If it were a real issue I'm sure there'd be a private conversation involved.  Don't be one of those "taking My toys and going home" people.    

Quote from texpug on Apr 13th, 2014, 7:03am:
Well. okie dokie. For those who want to keep up with the HOT, you know where to find me. For a fun time - keep up with the HOT ELSEWHERE!  Now, back to the ever-so-often "interesting posts" y'all want to read! You HOTties can find me elsewhere.  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2014, 10:09am

I sincerely do not want to be a PITA (pain in the arse) and if my posts bother people, I really don't want that to be the case. Life's just more FUN when you're riding with other Bents. Since recumbents are a small minority, it takes a MONUMENTAL effort to get connected and get things planned so we can all get to know each other. And I really work hard to have all recumbent riders get to know each other, even though there is a vast range of riding styles. Some of my best friends ride speed machines for distances that I would book air travel to do! ha! But just because I cannot ride like that, doesn't mean I don't want to "socialize" with them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing about their ride strategies, bikes and trikes, performance. Having the HOT let's everyone who rides a Bent come together for a weekend and HAVE FUN. We have things for those who ride fast and furious, and those who set all time speed records for slowness. It's all good!  

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2014, 11:15am

Jane, your posts don't bother me, personally. What sort of bothers me is that HOT is not held when the weather is warmer and more settled. I really enjoyed the recumbent extravaganza Mike held in the late Spring of 2009. I just don't want to reserve a room way in advance of late February when the potential for nasty weather is so high. HOT missed a bullet this year. A week later the weather was bad. Even if the weather is bad, warm and rainy is a lot better than really cold or cold and rainy.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print