Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 5th, 2024, 8:13am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sunday (2/17) John's Bicycles ride, 8:15 rollout (Read 367 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Sunday (2/17) John's Bicycles ride, 8:15 rollout
Feb 13th, 2013, 10:20pm

Dear Bikers,

There will be a 12 to 13 mph average bike ride this Sunday morning,February 17th, with riders gathering at 8:00 am in front of John's Bicycles on the Lancaster Town Square.   The ride will take off promptly at 8:15 am, and we will return to the Town Square about 9:45 - 10:00 am.  FYI, if the roads are wet at 7:30 am, or the temperature is below 35 deg F, then the ride will not take place.

This is the first of what we hope will be regular 12 to 13 mph rides for riders that like a steady but not hard-paced aerobic ride.  For this inaugural ride we will probably average right at 12 mph.  Riders who prefer to go faster are welcome -- we just ask that you circle back to the group periodically during the ride.  The route will be on rural sides roads south and east of Lancaster, which typically have very light traffic (often no traffic). Total ride distance will be 18-20 miles or so. You are welcome to just do part of it, or add some extra miles.  We ask that you wear a helmet & gloves, and bring water and a spare tube that fits your bike.

If enough riders are interested, we may schedule another 12/13 mph ride at mid-week each week (for example, possibly Wednesday morning about 7 am).  Or maybe the mid-week ride could be scheduled after work, starting at 6:30 pm or so, once the days get a bit longer.  If you would like to do the Sunday ride and/or the Mid-Week ride , please let me know by e-mail, and please suggest the days and times that would work for you.  It might be challenging to arrive at days and times that will work, but I'd like to give it a try, then change things as necessary to a schedule that will work for a sizeable fraction of our interested riders.

I hope to see you on Sunday morning!

Regards,
John  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Sunday (2/17) John's Bicycles ride, 8:15 rollo
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2013, 10:21pm

I'm planning to do this one, then do the 25-mile Lancaster Rally route afterwards, if anyone else is interested...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print