Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:29pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DISCONTINUED -- did you ride  - Old thread OK (Read 4221 times)
Sweeper

rbent member

DISCONTINUED -- did you ride  - Old thread OK
Sep 18th, 2012, 5:05pm

[DO NOT POST RIDE REPORTS HERE, THE ORIGINAL THREAD IS WORKING -- PB]

Got up early, ate cereal, read paper, worked crossword and rolled out about 10:15am with no distinct riding plan. Cloudy and windy. I left my home and headed northward through southwest Garland and into southeast Dallas, Then looped back southward around Eastfield college into Mesquite's northwest corner (I think) and then through the upper edge of Sunnyvale and back home.  While the OTHER clowns were circling WRL at a high rate of speed. I was doing my "Tour of Four Cities"

UH-OH--my statistics: 25.1 miles @10.1 miles per hour.  A great fun ride and saw four burgs

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012, 9:04am by FlyingLaZBoy »  
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: did you ride today
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2012, 5:21pm

30 miles and change at 0'dark 30 this morning.  Got to see a coyote out hunting for his breakfast just off Independence in Frisco during the ride.  Fortunately I wasn't on the menu.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2012, 6:41pm

Quote from Sweeper on Sep 18th, 2012, 5:05pm:
Got up early, ate cereal, read paper, worked crossword and rolled out about 10:15am with no distinct riding plan. Cloudy and windy. I left my home and headed northward through southwest Garland and into southeast Dallas, Then looped back southward around Eastfield college into Mesquite's northwest corner (I think) and then through the upper edge of Sunnyvale and back home.  While the OTHER clowns were circling WRL at a high rate of speed. I was doing my "Tour of Four Cities"

UH-OH--my statistics: 25.1 miles @10.1 miles per hour.  A great fun ride and saw four burgs

Speaking of "burgs", Kenny and I finished off today's Clown ride with "burg"ers, fries, onion rings, and home-made root beer at the Dairyette. Larry and Bob each consumed your favorite Dairyette treat, a root beer float, in your honor. Too bad you weren't there.  Smiley  

Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2012, 12:17pm

I am giving my "backup" bike a little action.  so on Wednesdays I ride the Actionbent high racer.
Today 35 miles around the lake.

To give you an idea; total mileage for the year is: on the Actionbent is 230 miles, on the CA2 over 4500 miles.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2012, 2:43pm

Uhhh... why did you start a new thread on this?????   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2012, 12:47am

I would hazard a guess it's because the old thread was at or very near the message count it locked up at before.

Another 9 miles since Sunday...

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2012, 12:47am by Opus the Poet »  

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
LightningRider

P-38 in Blue

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2012, 8:29am

The old thread does seem to be locked up as it rejected my post yesterday.

Then my phone locked up so I just chucked the post.  Did ride to work from the LMRA yesterday. The ride is about eight miles and average speed was about 13 mph with a top of 31. Only had one incident: a big woman in a huge truck rolled right out of a strip parking lot without looking. Since I already had the lane I eased over to the left a little more to where I'd miss her as I passed (doing about 20 at this point) and yelled "hey!!" as loud as I could. The movement or voice finally caught her attention and she squeeked to a stop.

Other then that, it was great to be back on the bike.  

Carl

P.S. there was actually a lot more to the ride as this was my first "shakedown cruise" since getting the Lightning back together. I'll have to write about that later because I am walking into work now.

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2012, 8:33am by LightningRider »  

Carl
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2012, 4:57pm

30 and change yesterday morning with a bobcat sighting to liven up the morning and 17 and change this morning at 0'dark 30.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2012, 6:15pm

Another 30 mile weekend and I didn't even ride on Saturday.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2012, 6:18pm

40 mile weekend Included one ride on Thursday, two rides on Friday, one on Saturday, and another on Sunday...

Email WWW   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #10 - Oct 2nd, 2012, 4:50pm

Got off early from work, so I thought I'd try to get in 45 miles this morning. Trinity Trails from Gateway Park to Benbrook and back again. On the way out, I rode a few miles with a nice guy on a ICE trike. I told him all about the club and he said he'd love to come out and ride some time.  

Nice weather, and everything was perfect until I got to the river crossover heading back to Gateway. There was water on the concrete, and three large white birds blocking the way. I went wide to avoid the birds, and accelerated to go up the ramp when the bike slid out from under me.  

I slid about five or ten feet, skinning my arm pretty bad and bruising my left hip as well as my pride. This bummed me out to no end, because I'd just replaced my tires with something much more grippy, so to be sliding was not in my plans. Took about five minutes for me to extricate the chain from the front chain wheel where it looked like the bottom bracket tried to eat it. Oh well, things were going so well...

Putting bandages on my arm and pricing out a Catrike 700 as I speak.
 Smiley

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Oct 2nd, 2012, 9:22pm

Quote from Mizta_Nice on Oct 2nd, 2012, 4:50pm:
Got off early from work, so I thought I'd try to get in 45 miles this morning. Trinity Trails from Gateway Park to Benbrook and back again. On the way out, I rode a few miles with a nice guy on a ICE trike. I told him all about the club and he said he'd love to come out and ride some time.

Nice weather, and everything was perfect until I got to the river crossover heading back to Gateway. There was water on the concrete, and three large white birds blocking the way. I went wide to avoid the birds, and accelerated to go up the ramp when the bike slid out from under me.

I slid about five or ten feet, skinning my arm pretty bad and bruising my left hip as well as my pride. This bummed me out to no end, because I'd just replaced my tires with something much more grippy, so to be sliding was not in my plans. Took about five minutes for me to extricate the chain from the front chain wheel where it looked like the bottom bracket tried to eat it. Oh well, things were going so well...

Putting bandages on my arm and pricing out a Catrike 700 as I speak.
Smiley

Oh, go for the 700, (especially if you're into high performance), and you'll have a riding partner for life.  Regarding the tipping thing, trikes do take a lot before they go over, obviously, but the 700 stays planted long after others lose it.  (...good thing, because there's not a whole lot of leaning one can do when you're only 27° from horizontal.)  In fact, it's fun to explore the outer limits of adhesion.  Check out this video:
http://tinyurl.com/9p9zcry  and go to 33:18.  Enjoy!

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: DISCONTINUED -- did you ride  - Old thread wo
Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2012, 9:04am

Please don't post here, to avoid duplicate threads -- the old thread is working, not sure what the problem was...

Thanks!
Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: DISCONTINUED -- did you ride  - Old thread wo
Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2012, 1:04pm

One tip: On a thread as long as the old thread, don't just click the title of the thread. If you do, all 110 pages can try to load, which will make your computer seem hung up. Instead, just click the last page number.

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012, 1:06pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print