Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 4:41am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Local Bike Store Recommendation? (Read 745 times)
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Local Bike Store Recommendation?
Aug 3rd, 2012, 6:58pm

I can't find a recumbment store locally, one where I can test ride some bikes. Anyone? I'm going to Austin in a few weeks, so I'm planning on going a day early to hit up Easy Street but I'd rather find something locally.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Local Bike Store Recommendation?
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2012, 8:40pm

You're in FtWorth, right? You could try Trinity Bike shop.  They were helpful to Dave when he rode Fleas 'n Trees.  I think this is their website. http://trinitybicycles.com/home/

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2012, 8:44pm

The Bicycles Inc on the south side of Arlington usually has a few bents.  Best thing to do is let your fingers do the walking.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2012, 9:11pm

Trinity has told me that he just doesn't have the space or the "knowledge" for bents.

Ask for Robert at the Arlington Bicycles Inc.  He is their bent guy.  He doesn't have a huge selection but a few weeks ago, he did have 3 or 4 used and a couple of new including a Bacchetta CA2 that I rode a few miles around the neighborhood.

Easy Street has a great selection of trikes and a few 2 wheel recumbents including the Catrike Musashi.  Mike told me he had bought a large number of the Musashi framesets, so he can build them up to fit your needs.

There is also a recumbent shop outside of Oklahoma City Oklahome Recumbent Road Bikes.  He stocks a wide variety of bents.  Just call before you go to see what he has.

Richardson Bike Mart has a few, but the staff is only marginally knowledgeable about them and even my wife sensed that they didn't care about selling them.  Last time I was in there, they did have a few used bents towards the back.  My wife test rode a Terratrike there, but it wasn't set up properly and the chain was mis-routed so that it drug across the frame and paint.

You are more than welcome to test ride any of my bikes.  I have a Bachetta Strada, a Terratrike Cruiser and a Catrike Trail (setup for my 5'3" wife)

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012, 9:13pm by freakflyer9999 »  

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
jm57

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2012, 1:10pm

Check out Plano Cycling, they have a good selection of Bachettas.  Richardson might have a few bents, when I stopped by all they had was one Rans and about 5 trikes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print