Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
recumbent shops (Read 592 times)
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

recumbent shops
Dec 5th, 2011, 11:52am

I had to take trip up to the CornHusker state this last weekend.  Along the route of 35 N is the small town of Lexington, Okl.  Just so happens Oklahoma Recumbent Road Bikes is located there. Well ya have to drive through Purcell and cross a bridge to get there. I kept my eyes open hoping not to get lost in this hugh metro, but there it was with a couple of trikes and an 20 yr. old Rans stratus in front. Went in and met Bob Massengale the owner of the shop. He has a nice display of trikes in the front (terratrike) I believe, a varity of stick, lwb, and understeer were displayed along the wall and in the center of the shop.  Much of his business comes from Oklahoma City since he's 35 mi. south  of it. Bob gave a little bit of history of the town and discussed possible routes if I wanted to ride in the area.The roads are smooth as glass. A nice shop worth the stop.      

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: recumbent shops
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2011, 12:25pm

Part 2.   I arrive in the CornHusker Capital (Some of you know where this is) and check in. I asked the motel clerk about bike shops located in the city. Not the usual but small ones, a little different ya know. Well he lead me to this one located on N. Cotner. a couple of miles down the road. The first thing I see is a sign above a small store front of a recumbent. The name of the place, The Used Bike Shop. The owner, Denny LaDue. Now some of you may be familar with Denny cause he builds his own bikes, The LaDue, a LWB.  LaDue's is a small shop with a varity of bikes. I was impressed with the LaDue (his personal bike). It had a 700 rear with a 20 inch front. The main tubes were square section steel. It has a very low seat and crank height. A well made bike. LaDue said his latest bike has round tubing and is a little lighter. So if ya have a reason to make it up to the birth place of Bryan Jennings stop and visit this place.      

Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: recumbent shops
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2011, 6:23am

I stopped by Oklahoma Recumbents in October to try out some various bikes as my Vision R54 wasn't doing it for me.

I was extremely impressed by the selection of bikes that they had there.  I was able to test ride a Longbikes Eliminator and drool all over the Slipstream, (didn't ride it as it was well outside of any conceivable stretching of the budget).  Then I wandered over into the stick bikes and the hi-racers and fell in love with a Rans F5 that followed me home.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print