Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Little Rock Arkansas Big Dam 100 (Read 749 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Little Rock Arkansas Big Dam 100
Sep 25th, 2010, 8:13pm

While everyone apparently was getting soaked here I did the full Big Dam ride, north Arkansas has some amazing scenery and very smooth roads. I did the 68 mile route last year and kicked myself for not doing the full 100. Rider count was around 2,000+, temperature was in the 60's at the start and close to 80 at the finish. Most of the course was fairly flat with a number of rolling hills, the 100 mile route had a couple of very steep hills which really didn't bother me that much. Felt strong the entire ride and finished almost exactly 100 miles with a 21.5 average.

This is one of the best rides of the year

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Little Rock Arkansas Big Dam 100
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2010, 9:59am

Quote from mleuck on Sep 25th, 2010, 8:13pm:
While everyone apparently was getting soaked here I did the full Big Dam ride, north Arkansas has some amazing scenery and very smooth roads. I did the 68 mile route last year and kicked myself for not doing the full 100. Rider count was around 2,000+, temperature was in the 60's at the start and close to 80 at the finish. Most of the course was fairly flat with a number of rolling hills, the 100 mile route had a couple of very steep hills which really didn't bother me that much. Felt strong the entire ride and finished almost exactly 100 miles with a 21.5 average.

Good ride choice. John S, Corsa Ken, and I rode Autumn in Bonham in off-and-on rain. Maybe 200 riders participated.

Did you run across any other recumbents on your ride?

Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Little Rock Arkansas Big Dam 100
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2010, 11:16am

Quote from jayg on Sep 26th, 2010, 9:59am:
Quote from mleuck on Sep 25th, 2010, 8:13pm:

Good ride choice. John S, Corsa Ken, and I rode Autumn in Bonham in off-and-on rain. Maybe 200 riders participated.

Did you run across any other recumbents on your ride?

Not many, saw an Easy Racer in the crowd and started with a guy on a Volae and another on a Bacchetta. During the ride passed another Volae about 5 miles in and another Bacchetta with about 25 miles to go. After the ride another guy asked about my bike and said he had a Carbent but didn't ride that day.

I did the Autumn at Bonham 4 years ago and would love to do it again if they'd quit bunching it up on the same day as the Waco Wild West and Big Dam ride.

I can't tell you how nice those roads up in that part of Arkansas are, I don't think they know what chip-seal is.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print