Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:17pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lancaster Country Ride 100k (Read 727 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Lancaster Country Ride 100k
Apr 10th, 2010, 5:37pm

Fun fast ride, organizers did a very good job marking the route. Only stop I did was at the Palmer rest area which looked well equipped. Only complaint I can think of was the color arrows and that's my fault since I had no idea which color was the 100k route Smiley

I ran into Corsa Ken at around the 50 mile mark and wish I could have seen more of you guys during the ride.

I ended up screwing with a pace line through most of it, too much fun!

IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Lancaster Country Ride 100k
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2010, 7:40pm

I'm glad you liked it. The guy in charge of the palmer stop made his own treats along with the other cookies, drink etc. Maybe we need to write the mileage along with the arrows next year. I didnt see anyone cept for a guy with a red Gio, oh and this guy with a gold rans.  I was busy helping with supplying the stops, almost killed myself falling from the back of the truck.    

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2010, 8:28pm

Had an excellent day.  Saw Greg, Alexis, Mark L, Jerry, John S., and met neighbor Tony with his new Corsa.   After we got Registration packed up, 6 of us headed out around 9:30 to do the 100K route.  We hit Ferris with still a lot of "starter" riders there, rollling on past after a brief stop.  The winds were already starting to pick up, and the new stretch southbound along I-45 was hurting a lot of riders, and continued to do so until we turned east on Sugar Ridge, where hills replaced the headwinds...  Caught Sadowski and Jerry just before Sugar Ridge...  my group stopped for a bluebonnet photo op.... RS 2 was just about to run out of food, and the porta-potty line was about 30 people long - but worth waiting for.  I almost bailed for the 46 mile route, due to time constraints, but my cohorts convinced me to carry on -- so we did the full 100K.  Once we hit Ennis and turned north, it was VERRAAHHH NAAAHHHCCCCEEE for the last half of the ride.  I finished at 2:15, with only a 17 average due to the group having to slow down for one rider several times, but felt very strong all day, typically cruising at 20, with a high of 41 on a downhill.

Took LOTS of photos -- Good to see everybody, and see you tomorrow morning!

How 'bout these bluebonnets, at the start of Sugar Ridge Rd???

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2010, 9:15pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2010, 10:20pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 10th, 2010, 8:28pm:
Had an excellent day.  Saw Greg, Alexis, Mark L, Jerry, John S., and met neighbor Tony with his new Corsa.   After we got Registration packed up, 6 of us headed out around 9:30 to do the 100K route.  We hit Ferris with still a lot of "starter" riders there, rollling on past after a brief stop.  The winds were already starting to pick up, and the new stretch southbound along I-45 was hurting a lot of riders, and continued to do so until we turned east on Sugar Ridge, where hills replaced the headwinds...  Caught Sadowski and Jerry just before Sugar Ridge...  my group stopped for a bluebonnet photo op.... RS 2 was just about to run out of food, and the porta-potty line was about 30 people long - but worth waiting for.  I almost bailed for the 46 mile route, due to time constraints, but my cohorts convinced me to carry on -- so we did the full 100K.  Once we hit Ennis and turned north, it was VERRAAHHH NAAAHHHCCCCEEE for the last half of the ride.  I finished at 2:15, with only a 17 average due to the group having to slow down for one rider several times, but felt very strong all day, typically cruising at 20, with a high of 41 on a downhill.

Took LOTS of photos -- Good to see everybody, and see you tomorrow morning!

How 'bout these bluebonnets, at the start of Sugar Ridge Rd???

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae256/pbrown8js/LR115.jpg

There were Bluebonnets? I didn't notice Smiley

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2010, 2:55pm

Alexis and I set out on the 46 mile and change to the 23.  When we hit the chipseal section that sort of scared her into wanting to cut it short, plus her knee was twinging a bit since she hasn't done much hillclimbing, so we turned off.  We still had a great time, took it easy and really looked around and just had fun riding together, which we seldom do.  I think it was a good idea, since I was unexpectedly worn out after riding the singlespeed on hills for the first time.  Slept in the car, then another 3 hours at home, and fell back into bed at 10 and went straight to sleep.

Good seeing Jon, Bob, Ken, and everyone else out on the road!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print