Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Airport exploration for newbies, 10/17 (Read 403 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Airport exploration for newbies, 10/17
Oct 19th, 2009, 12:23pm

I had put together a "newbie" exploratory ride around DFW airport for Saturday, for a career networking organization I participate in.  Since it was for people who had never BEEN around DFW airport, I recruited some help, and got some, in the forms of Chas, John S, John F, and Jay, as well as a couple of GDB folks...  The ride itself was to start at Big Buck's at Bass Pro, to do ~26 miles, but to get extra miles in, the 'helpers" started from Carrollton, to do an extra 12.5 each way...

We started out from Josey and Valley View at 7:30AM, in the chill of the morning...  it was cold enough that we didn't want to do anything above ~14 mph...

Had an uneventful ride out to the main start, and by 8:45, it had warmed up nicely.  We had about 14 on the ride, which split into two speed groups, with the faster group doing the Tower loop.

The more casual group went a little off course, but no big deal, and we all regrouped at the north end Viewing Area, all arriving there at about the same time.

We then rode the ~3 miles back to the start, said thanks to the newbies, and rode back to our cars, finishing up at about 12:30, with ~53 miles total.  It was a wonderfully sunny, light-breeze day, and an excellent ride.  Thanks for the help, folks!    Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Airport exploration for newbies, 10/17
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2009, 7:39pm

You are fortunate that they just reopened Cabell Drive, the little cutoff road between the Shell station and McArthur

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print